PowerPod button-status light

speedyvelo

PowerPod button-status light

Post by speedyvelo »

Q1: is there any place where I can find all the options that occur pressing or holding the PP button?

This is what I know:

1. To turn it on: awake sensors and tape it one time

2. To pair: awake sensors and press hold it for 4 seconds

3. To hard reset: press and hold it for 10 seconds

4. To turn it off: tap it 5 times

5. To do and O&B calibration: setup the calibration in Isaac then press it once to start to ride, go to the beginning of the ride and press it again.

Q2: Go for a ride stop for a coffee > 20 minutes then try to restart, awake speed sensor and cadence (I believe I did not wait long enough?) and press PP. No pairing with head unit. Press it again no pairing. Press it and hold it for 4 seconds, now PP is paired with the garmin (820) BUT it seem setup for O&B calibration > yellow >red/green. I do not have any way to stop this one until I get home and use Isaac.

First I did not know that the O&B calibration can be trigger by pressing the PP button without using Isaac!.
Second Is there any way to stop an O&B calibration and go back to the existing profile on the road without using Isaac?

(I believe my problems occur from not waiting enough to allow the activation of the speed sensor and pressing the PP button more than one time).

I am using the latest version of the firmware 6.27

-=terry=-
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PowerPod button-status light

Post by Velocomp »

Attached.

Q2: Awaken speed/cadence sensors, then awaken PP (solid Green), then awaken Garmin. Do NOT press-hold for 4 seconds, this does a new pairing.
Attachments
POWERPOD STATUS LIGHT.pdf
(55.16 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
John Hamann
speedyvelo

Post by speedyvelo »

John,

THANK YOU!
I have logged more than 20K miles with the PP, reliable, easy to use and very dependable info.

-=terry=-
AdrianS

Post by AdrianS »

very helpful, but on the calibration rides, I never get a red light at 50... just keeps going 51, 52, 53 etc ... until 100. Is it really and out and back ride with stop and turn at half way? I have done numerous calibrations and when riding my PP seems to go to sleep and forget the speed sensor. Help.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If it keeps going from 0-100, without solid red, one of two things is happening:

1) You're in "better" calibration mode. Tilt sensor is calibrated but wind sensor is not fine-tuned

2) You're in out-and-back calibration mode, but at the end of the out point, where it reads 50 and you are supposed to turn around, you're traveling below 8 mph. This could happen if the out portion of your ride is on an uphill. If this is the case, when you reach 50, just turn around and ride back.
John Hamann