changing handlebars configuration

tmd

changing handlebars configuration

Post by tmd »

Hi

I was wondering if placing a actioncam, or relocating the bikcomputer after calibration would have any impact on the calibration.

I'm riding with the powerpad for a couple of weeks now and like it a lot, but reading about the sensitivity of placement of the powerpod made me wonder how much of an impact it would have if I change the "configuration" of my handlebars.

Like, in two days I'm going to ride a sportive were I need to place a numberplate on the handlebars.
If I block the powerpod it will off course be of influence. But if I place it on the side will it also be of influence on the powerreadings?

And what about smaller changes like placing a actioncam, how far away from the powerpod do these objects need to stay in order too keep correct powerreadings?

TIA
Guido
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: changing handlebars configuration

Post by Velocomp »

1) Do NOT change your PP position or angle.

2) As long as your other devices are not obstructing or shading the PP wind port, they will have no effect on power readings. Putting an action cam on the other side of the bike should be fine.
John Hamann
Darkstar

Post by Darkstar »

I've found that putting a Sportive number behind the Powerpod upsets the wind detection (a sort of reverse wind shadow effect).
I guess that it would be OK to the left of the PP, but a significant block to the wind on the right would likely do the same thing (IMHO).
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Darkstar wrote:I've found that putting a Sportive number behind the Powerpod upsets the wind detection (a sort of reverse wind shadow effect).
I guess that it would be OK to the left of the PP, but a significant block to the wind on the right would likely do the same thing (IMHO).
Yes, putting a Sportive directly behind PP would affect its wind flow.
John Hamann
tmd

Post by tmd »

Thanks.I'll see what I can do with the Sportive number.

Guido