New Powerpod, calibration check

dmacdon79

New Powerpod, calibration check

Post by dmacdon79 »

Hello,

I'm a new Powerpod user (this is my first power meter) and am really excited about finally having some power figures to work with in the real world. For the past 2+ years I've been using my Elite Realaxiom wired trainer with Zwift and have suspected that my power as calculated by the trainer has been a bit low; however, I've had nothing to compare or calibrate it with, so I really don't know. After successfully completing my O&B calibration ride today, I noted that my watts do seem to be a bit higher than on my trainer.

I was wondering if would be possible to check out my calibration and subsequent ride files and let me know if everything looks okay. I need to adjust my overall profile weight to account for helmet, shoes, water, multitool, spare tube, and pump, but I think I can do that in Isaac myself for future rides by editing my profile—is that correct? Or would I need to re-do my O&B calibration ride with the (approx. 1500) extra grams entered in the profile before I do the calibration?

Thanks for making such an affordable power meter, and for all the fast and helpful support I see you provide to users. Both of these were huge factors in my decision to buy.

Cheers,

David
Attachments
iBike_04_18_2017_1039_16_km.ibr
(128.96 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
iBike_04_18_2017_1028_5_km_CalRide.ibr
(43.2 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: New Powerpod, calibration check

Post by Velocomp »

Nice!

You've done a fine job setting up your PP. All the factors look perfect.

Yes, you can edit your profile, without having to redo the calibration ride.
John Hamann
dmacdon79

Post by dmacdon79 »

Hi John,

That's great to hear...thanks so much for confirming!

Cheers

-Dave :D
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

:-)
John Hamann