Powerpod - DPS & Mount

peterpemen

Powerpod - DPS & Mount

Post by peterpemen »

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding Powerpod.

1. Is there any difference/impact on the Powerpod using the handlebar mount (delivered standard with the Powerpod) and the Garmin Combo Outfront Mount? I'm asking this because the position of the powerpod is a little bit different when using these mounts. Will the Powerpod work better with the Garmin combo mount?

2. I have read that DPS (which is enabled on the Powerpod) should be disabled on the Garmin device. But I don't seem to find how I can disable this on my Garmin Edge 810. On my screen I use Actual Power, Power 3s and Power 30s.

Thx,
Peter
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod - DPS & Mount

Post by Velocomp »

1. You can use PP with either mount. If using the combo mount, we recommend using Isaac to set the PP profile to Profile 2, which has a different wind setting adjustment customized to the combo mount.

2. If using DPS on PowerPod, then Actual Power or Power 3s is the best setting for your Garmin 810.
John Hamann
peterpemen

Re: Powerpod - DPS & Mount

Post by peterpemen »

Hello,

Thx for the quick reply, but just for my understanding.

1. You do not have a recommendation (based on test results, ...) to use a combo mount over the handlebar mount to have better results? Or will the Powerpod perform the same regardless of the mount (taking into account you use the correct profile)

2. So, I just select those datafields to put on my Garmin Screen. There is no extra setting on my Garmin 810 which says "Enable DPS" or "Disable DPS"?

Thx,
Peter