Send to Google Earth Feature Trouble

ridemore

Send to Google Earth Feature Trouble

Post by ridemore »

Hi All:

Has anybody experienced and/or resolved the issue of this feature working on some Windows computers and not others? I have three computers and the feature works on only one (XP). The feature does not work on my laptop (Vista) or my home computer (XP). Google Earth just never opens when invoking the feature.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Send to Google Earth Feature Trouble

Post by Velocomp »

Travis will be in touch with you...
John Hamann
ridemore

Post by ridemore »

Hi Guys:

Any movement on this issue? I know it works since it seems to be fine on two "XP Home" computers and one "Vista Home" computer. It just doesn't work in my Vista Ultimate laptop or my XP Pro desktop.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

The send to Google Earth feature will work fine on most computers, but the way it works there will probably always be a handful of machines that have trouble with it including the OP. I will make a build in the near future that will give you the option of saving the KML file (i.e., a Google Earth file) to your HD so that you can open it up manually.
ridemore

Post by ridemore »

Thanks for the work-around, Travis! Also a nice feature to be able to send the .kml file to others without iBike5 software.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

I have win7 64 bit and I'm finding the kml file in:
C:\Users\Fernando\AppData\Local\Temp

Obviously you'll need to input your name and this isn't how it looks for Win XP but it seems the kml file is complete and is easily emailed or opened at will.
Fernando