PowerPod battery life

BarryD

PowerPod battery life

Post by BarryD »

Hi, I am having very intermittent battery life with my PowerPod. I understand from the guides & forums that it should last 19/20 hours. If I am lucky I can get two 3 hour rides before it dies. Today was the second ride in a week after a full charge and about 30 miles in of a 40 mile ride the power stopped functioning with just a zero shown on the screen, it had been working faultlessly until this point. I tried to reset it whilst riding & it just showed the power reading with nothing shown just the underlined part of the numeric display. I am using a Garmin 800 with the newer Garmin speed & cadence sensors. it has charged fully in 1 1/2 hours.
Is this a power issue or something else?
regards
Barry
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: PowerPod battery life

Post by Velocomp »

Hmm...please email tgore@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann
chance17

Post by chance17 »

I have noticed my usb charger to the powerpod is EXTREMELY finnicky..Even downloading data I have to keep messing with the port on powerpod to get it to connect to pc...Is this common or should I exchange this through amazon before my 30 days is up?This has happened since day 1 of using it.Ive also tried two other usb charging cords I have with no change,so its not the cord.

I really never know if its fully charged because the red light stops showing after a second or two and then I wiggle the port a little and it lights back up again...I imagine its not fully charged and I will have a issue just like the original poster.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email tgore@velocomp.com
John Hamann
chance17

Post by chance17 »

Returned powerpod to amazon and got new one.... Charges correctly now
drashkum

Post by drashkum »

How long does the powerpod battery lasts in terms of minutes or number of rides from a single full charged battery after pairing with all my sensors ( speed, cadence, HR)?. Asking this just to make sure i don't run out of charge in the middle of the ride?. And also how do i know if powerpod is low on battery and needs charging? and how long will it continue to work (after if at all shows any signs of low battery )?

Drashkum
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You should get about 20 hours of riding.
John Hamann