Trainer Mode Switch in Powerhouse

stuflowers

Trainer Mode Switch in Powerhouse

Post by stuflowers »

New Powerpod owner here.
Is there any way to switch trainer mode ON/OFF without having to connect to Isaac and are there plans to add this function to Powerhouse? I imagine there could be a simple toggle switch in the Powerhouse settings/profiles screen.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Trainer Mode Switch in Powerhouse

Post by Velocomp »

Right now there is no way to turn trainer on/off except through Isaac.

We will investigate doing this through PowerHouse. This will require both a modification to PH app and to PowerPod firmware, so don't expect it soon... :-)
John Hamann
stuflowers

Post by stuflowers »

Ok thanks John. For me and I presume others who use the same bike on and off the trainer, this would be a very useful feature upgrade for Powerhouse. I guess that in the meantime I could create two identical profiles (one with trainer mode turned ON and another with it turned OFF) then use Powerhouse to toggle them?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

That is a very practical workaround!
John Hamann
stuflowers

Post by stuflowers »

I am able to connect to phone via BLE, however when trying to save a profile from PH to PP I get the message "Something went wrong. Either PowerPod is disconnected or your PowerPod doesn't support profile feature"

I am trying to setup a profile for indoor trainer usage (same bike) and use Powerhouse to switch between the indoor and outdoor profiles. Any ideas?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann
Kqaltas

Post by Kqaltas »

Any update about this request? it is quite tedious to have to connect my PC just to switch to indoor trainer mode
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Kqaltas wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 pm Any update about this request? it is quite tedious to have to connect my PC just to switch to indoor trainer mode
Trainer mode support in PH will have to wait for the next app update.
John Hamann
stavrosd2006

Post by stavrosd2006 »

Velocomp wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:41 am
Kqaltas wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 pm Any update about this request? it is quite tedious to have to connect my PC just to switch to indoor trainer mode
Trainer mode support in PH will have to wait for the next app update.
Any update on this topic? i too would like to use this feature, as i use two bikes one for training on rollers and another for outdoor activities.
Using ISAAC takes time.

rgds
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Apple has made it increasingly difficult (and consequently expensive) to continually update apps. We won't be updating PH, but we will see if there is another route.
John Hamann