Question about data from my ride

aeropod.user

Question about data from my ride

Post by aeropod.user »

Hello John,

On Tuesday I tested changed TT position on my bike. The test was done on racetrack with good asphalt.The test was 3 laps / 12km in total @ 345W average power, and it was preceded by calibration ride.

Could you please take a look at ibr file, which came out of that ride? At least I can see 2 strange things:
1) although I did my best to keep my position stable, HR curve went up during the whole test ride. I haven't seen something like this in any results of my previous tests
2) From "Tools->Cda analysis" tool under Isaac I get a very high CdA value of 0,294, which doesn't compare to any of my previous rides at similar power and speed

Do you see any strange things in this file?

Thank you in advance,
Bartosz
Attachments
iBike_09_22_2020_1807_21_km.ibr
(135.61 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
iBike_09_22_2020_1804_2_km_CalRide.ibr
(13.4 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Question about data from my ride

Post by Velocomp »

You are using AeroPod in profile 4 (I can tell from the pattern of your CdA/HR signal).

For CdA to work properly in profile 4, the instructions require that the test route be a closed loop, or an out-and-back ride.

From your elevation profile, it's evident that you are not following the instructions; your end point for laps is at a place physically different from the start point of the lap.

AeroPod cannot give good CdA numbers when it is not used in accordance with the instructions.

Find a place where you can do loops, or out-and-back rides. Click the lap button only when you are at the same physical place. This will provide better results.
John Hamann
aeropod.user

Post by aeropod.user »

Hello John,

thank you for your answer. For sure profile 4 set wrongly me is not the reason, as I set the device to profile 3 before every test I do. I use Aeropod for over year know, red all instructions and did many such tests already.

Please, look at attached screenshot.

Could you please take a look again on my files? I still cannot explain what was wrong. Would it help if I send you some additional information from Isaac?
Attachments
profile_20200922.PNG
profile_20200922.PNG (220.43 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

OK, sorry, I see now that you were operating in profile 3.

You had quite stable readings until KM4, where there is a bunch of very low speed, low power squiggling.

When you resumed normal cycling at KM 8 your tilt offset was way out of calibration. It took 4KM, about 7 minutes, for things to stabilize again.

After stabilizing your HR/CdA readings were about the same as at the beginning.

Based on the HR readings, your CdA was about 0.24
John Hamann