Powerpod V3 stops talking to Garmin

cmpalay

Powerpod V3 stops talking to Garmin

Post by cmpalay »

Hi I am having a regular issue with my powerpod and thought I had better raise this as I may need a replacement.

I have set the powerpod up on 2 bikes and a Garmin Edge 820 (brand new)
The setups are both fine and the powerpod generally syncs after about 20 seconds when I start a ride on each bike.

However, after between 4-6 weeks (this has now happened 3 times) the powerpod stops connecting to my Garmin. On the 2 previous occasions the only fix has been to delete the powerpod from Garmin and re-find it which then means I have to faff with the in/out ride to get it to start working again. I am not sure why this is happening but it is frustrating, what makes it worse is that it occurred on Saturday when it was working absolutely fine for 2 hours of my ride. I stopped after a long climb for some food and drink and when I restarted my ride the powerpod again refused to talk to the Garmin so I only had power data for half of the ride!

I tried the powerpod on my other bike today when i commuted to work and again it was not talking to the Garmin, so I am wondering if my powerpod has a faulty ANT sensor.

Can you please let me know what you recommend?
Thanks
Carl
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerpod V3 stops talking to Garmin

Post by Velocomp »

After about 10 minutes of inactivity, PP goes to sleep. This is likely happening when you make your rest stops.

The simple fix is this:

1) When you resume your ride, make sure to click the PP button one time. This awakens it

2) After riding for a bit, the light will go from flashing green to solid green, then off.

3) When the light is solid green, PP is transmitting data to your Garmin.
John Hamann
cmpalay

Post by cmpalay »

Hi John, I know about it going to sleep so I did press the PP button one time, the PP then blinked green but it did not go solid green as I said it did not connect.

Plus I started the PP this morning on my commuter bike (different from the bike I used on Sat) It blinked green but again did not connect so my morning ride also has no power data.

Any more thoughts please?
cmpalay

Post by cmpalay »

Also, it was only on one occasion it has lost connection mid ride, the other occasions it has just failed to connect at the start of a ride.

It seems to work for 4-6 weeks and then just stop connecting, as you can imagine this is very frustrating
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps
John Hamann