New PowerPod v3 - Technical questions

Claw

New PowerPod v3 - Technical questions

Post by Claw »

I saw the announcement of PP v3 - and found it already in the shop. :D

I have some questions:
1) Could you please post a v2 / v3 side by side picture to show size differences?
2) What is the charger/data connection. Is it now USB-C? With the Micro USB I have connectivity issues and need to pull the charging cable in one direction to receive connectivity.
3) Can I transfer the profiles von v2 to v3 or do I need to do "out and back" ride for all my bikes again?

And one commercial question I have as well....
Are you offering trade in option for your customers outside of the US. I think shipping the old one back to the US (e.g. for me from EU) does not really make sense.

Many thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: New PowerPod v3 - Technical questions

Post by Velocomp »

1) Attached

2) USB port, same as all prior units

3) You can transfer profiles, but I would suggest new cal rides, because of the new wind sensor

4) You can very inexpensively ship your old DFPM by mail. We don't need to get it quickly!
Attachments
DSC_1260.jpeg
DSC_1260.jpeg (74.62 KiB) Viewed 7763 times
DSC_1263.jpeg
DSC_1263.jpeg (91.63 KiB) Viewed 7763 times
John Hamann
Claw

Post by Claw »

Many thanks for your reply. Appreciated.
spangelsaregreat

Post by spangelsaregreat »

Interesting.

Can you fit the AeroPod pitot tube to the new PowerPod? Thinking it might help with rainy days stopping PowerPod from working.

How much does the new PowerPod affect lag. I currently notice about a 5 second lag in V2.

Regards
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

1) Yes

2) "Lag" is likely a result of the "Dynamic Power Smoothing" option used in PowerPod/AeroPod. You can reset this feature in Isaac.
John Hamann
brantel

Post by brantel »

John, Will the new V3 of the Powerpod support the Powerhouse app? Will it have any Connect IQ app? (Would me nice to see live wind and slope data). Finally will it come with Powerstroke enabled like the Aeropod+?

Not sure if I want to wait for the new Powerpod V3 or go with the AeroPod. I really don’t need the real time CdA measurement but it sure is cool and the other features are nice as well.

Oh, one more thing, if we want to add the pitot tube, how do we buy?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

brantel wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:42 am John, Will the new V3 of the Powerpod support the Powerhouse app? Will it have any Connect IQ app? (Would me nice to see live wind and slope data). Finally will it come with Powerstroke enabled like the Aeropod+?

Not sure if I want to wait for the new Powerpod V3 or go with the AeroPod. I really don’t need the real time CdA measurement but it sure is cool and the other features are nice as well.

Oh, one more thing, if we want to add the pitot tube, how do we buy?
1) Yes, supports PH app

2) The CIQ app works with it. Power/Wind Speed/ Slope data are reported, but CdA and Time Advantage data are not (CdA is constant value)

3) PowerStroke is available as an option

4) We will put the pitot up on our website. If you want to buy before we do this, add a message with your order or email us
John Hamann
brantel

Post by brantel »

John,

I am so on the fence with the new PP vs the Aeropod....

I noticed that the Power stroke upgrade for the new PP is only $48.50 adder but for the Aeropod+ it adds $100 to the price.

Is this a website issue or is that intentional?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

brantel wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:09 am John,

I am so on the fence with the new PP vs the Aeropod....

I noticed that the Power stroke upgrade for the new PP is only $48.50 adder but for the Aeropod+ it adds $100 to the price.

Is this a website issue or is that intentional?
AeroPod+ adds both PowerStroke and GPS Tracker function. There is a bit of a premium for us loading them at the factory for you.
John Hamann
brantel

Post by brantel »

Thanks John,

Being a long time Powerpod user, I just ordered a Powerpod V3 upgrade/trade in. I also recently purchased a DFPM and look forward to the combination of new features/accuracy of the PPV3 along with the DFPM. I also asked via the notes to purchase a pitot tube to upgrade the PPV3 even more.

Can't wait to try it all out!
Parallelfish

Post by Parallelfish »

Does upgrading to V3 require the repurchase of PowerStroke?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Parallelfish wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:46 pm Does upgrading to V3 require the repurchase of PowerStroke?

If you already own PowerStroke on a prior Velocomp device, then no. Just include that information in your notes.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Velocomp wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:13 am
Parallelfish wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:46 pm Does upgrading to V3 require the repurchase of PowerStroke?

If you already own PowerStroke on a prior Velocomp device, then no. Just include that information in your notes.
UPDATE: This was intended to be a limited time offer, valid through June 30 2019.
John Hamann