New Computer - download profiles from PowerPod?

Will

New Computer - download profiles from PowerPod?

Post by Will »

My old computer crashed and I just set up Isaac on my new Mac. Is there a way to download the profiles that had previously been loaded into my PowerPod back onto the computer? Also, because I wasn't syncing with a computer for a while, the PowerPod filled up with ride data. It seems to have failed to record a few of my most recent rides. Other than losing those data files, are there other implications of the device memory filling up?

Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: New Computer - download profiles from PowerPod?

Post by Velocomp »

0) When installing Isaac/Mac make sure you EXACTLY follow the installation instructions! If you do all is well; if you don't Isaac will crash, and reinstalling Isaac will be a real pain (thanks Apple...!)

1) It sounds like you have many, many ride files stored in your PP. You can download all of them into your new version of Isaac.

2) Each ride file contains the profile that was used during the ride. Find rides/bikes where you are happy with the results. Go to "Edit/Edit Profiles" and click the "Extract from Ride File" button. Your profile for that ride will appear.

3) When ride memory fills up your data won't be recorded, but PP will transmit data without problems. You can use the command "Device/Erase all Ride Data" to empty the memory (make sure you download your rides first!).
John Hamann
Will

Post by Will »

Thanks for the quick reply. I did follow the instructions when installing Isaac on the Mac and I've also downloaded all the accumulated ride files and deleted them from the device.
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

Yep, had this happen recently, luckly, I had just exported my profiles/ride data to a USB thumb drive.
admiraljkb

Post by admiraljkb »

Luckily Isaac allows saving to a different directory, so I save mine to a Dropbox folder for easier recovery should the computer go phfffft.