Firmware 7.09 for AeroPod/PowerPod with FW 7.x

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Firmware 7.09 for AeroPod/PowerPod with FW 7.x

Post by Velocomp »

If you have an AeroPod/PowerPod device with firmware 7.x , there is a firmware update 7.09 available now for you!

Here is what firmware 7.09 does:

1) Fixes a bug that caused Automatic Profile Selection (APS) to not function. After installing 7.09, here is the APS procedure:
a. When switching bikes, make sure your device is asleep (click button 5 times in succession. You’ll see solid Green/Yellow/Red/off).
b. Keep device 100 feet away from any bike you are not riding.
c. Wake up sensors on your selected bike.
d. Awaken device. Flashing green, then after a few seconds solid green, indicating successful pairing to selected bike.

2) Fixes a bug that sometimes, on wake-up for a new ride, keeps device from pairing to sensors. With FW 7.09, during pairing, status light flashes green. When device is successfully paired, status light shows solid green, then turns off.

Windows users: use Isaac 5.x to access FW 7.09: "Device/Check Online for Firmware Update"

Mac users: email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for FW 7.09. Make sure to include the serial number of your device in your email; we need it before emailing firmware 7.09 to you.
John Hamann
JonoH

Re: Firmware 7.09 for AeroPod/PowerPod with FW 7.x

Post by JonoH »

Hi, my V2 Powerpod is on v6.41 and Isaac tells me I'm on the latest version. Is 7.x not available for V2? Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

JonoH wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:03 am Hi, my V2 Powerpod is on v6.41 and Isaac tells me I'm on the latest version. Is 7.x not available for V2? Thanks!
No, your PP is fine. This FW is for different model.
John Hamann
speedyvelo

Post by speedyvelo »

John,

The APS is not working and I just use isaac to setup the active profile when I change bikes and it works OK. I tryied to install the new firmware but

1. Using Isaac to check software, it says I have the newest version 5.0.1

2. Check online firmware update: You have the most recent firware 6.41

3. This is the PP I wanted to upgrade:
06-08-17-08-06-03-A0-00-02-00-93-03-AB-7E-10-12

Do I need to upgrade firmware to have the APS working or this device is ok and I may have a problem in my end?

Thank you John

-=terry=-
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Actually, your particular unit has the most recent FW for its microprocessor.

Are you having problems with APS on your unit? If so we may need to check our older version of FW.
John Hamann
speedyvelo

Post by speedyvelo »

John,

Most likely the problem with APS was in my end. If problem returns I will post it.
Thanks John.

-=terry=-
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

John/Tom -

I just imported FW 7.09 in my PowerPod - having found 7.03 on the previous FW. It seems that the sensor search may still be an issue. Even after several tries, the PP was not pairing the sensors and I was not getting any Power readings - through a Garmin 830. I would activate the cadence and speed sensors on the bike, turn on the PP. The Garmin reacted like it found the PP, but no power out. I tried a 10s reset, to no avail. Eventually the unit started a new calibration cycle, based on the LED color sequence. The unit is now in route to Jupiter FL - Tom should get it in a couple of days.
Lopey66

Post by Lopey66 »

After pairing aeropod I see green light and goes off after a few secs, I press the button I get the solid yellow, I ride , it will not go to the green & red flashing, I have also tried to a device reset from the issac software. I have notice by riding the watts incrementally increasing, so I have ridden like I am going through calibration and after a 5-10 minutes, the live CDA appears, my concern is have I done everything correctly. I am using issac 5.03 & 7.09 firmware and a garmin530. I am thinking of re-installing the firmware
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Lopey66 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:33 pm After pairing aeropod I see green light and goes off after a few secs, I press the button I get the solid yellow, I ride , it will not go to the green & red flashing, I have also tried to a device reset from the issac software. I have notice by riding the watts incrementally increasing, so I have ridden like I am going through calibration and after a 5-10 minutes, the live CDA appears, my concern is have I done everything correctly. I am using issac 5.03 & 7.09 firmware and a garmin530. I am thinking of re-installing the firmware
Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
mrbaumer

Post by mrbaumer »

Hi, my PowerPod BLE shows that it has firmware 7.06 installed, so I'd like to update to 7.09. However in Isaac 5.1.0, when I choose update firmware, I get the message, "This version of Isaac software does not support this device. Please install the latest version of Isaac." But I'm pretty sure 5.1.0 is the latest version?

S/N is 1D-84-31-00-00-FE-32-FF-01-70-0B-72-FE-01-00-0A if that helps.

Thanks, Matt
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your serial number is wacky. Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann