Calorie count halved since installing powerpod

Denodan

Calorie count halved since installing powerpod

Post by Denodan »

I have notice my calorie count has dropped to about half since installing my powerpod, but have not linked my hr strap yet. Is this the issue?

Calorie count used to be higher.

No way do I only burn about 67 calories In 6.23km.

The best I did before the powerpod recorded was 142 cal.

Sounds like maybe need my hr strap linked to?

If that's the case may have to hard reset the powerpod and redo everything
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Calorie count halved since installing powerpod

Post by Velocomp »

Please post a .ibr ride file.
John Hamann
Denodan

Post by Denodan »

I tried looking or adding a profile but what you need to input is overwhelming. I mean they want weight of bike and rider,? Weight with gear etc, how do you know the weight of your bike and gear, as this will always vary.

I did put my bike on a scale, seat part on the scale, so apoximitly know the weight there,? But in profile asks for things I have no clue,? And what the hell is hoods when your on a mountian bike?

Gave up. Reset it to factory profile.

Will hard reset my powerpod and add everything without hooking up to issaic. And reliabrate, may have stuffed it up through issac it's just to daunting, so will go with not using the program.

Seen reviews and without using the program it was not to bad for accuracy. So will reset the whole thing from a fresh start without the program. It's to daunting to use and as for that program file you request to post have not a clue where that is.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Have you installed Isaac software? If so, download one of your rides.

You'll see icons to the left of the graph, one of which is an email icon. Click on the email icon and email your file to jhamann@velocomp.com

I have no idea what state your device is in. And I have no idea how you are providing inputs to your device. Please explain.

Even without hooking up your device to Isaac, its default values will be close to correct.

On what basis are you saying calories are too low? If you are comparing to a fitness watch or HR strap, I'm not surprised your calories are lower. Fitness watches/HR straps are notorious for bad calorie measurements--and high calories. In our measurements, they typically are 50% too high!
John Hamann
Denodan

Post by Denodan »

Was going by my garmin 1030 bike computer. Before the powerpod was about showing double, or near on my garmin and that is including a hr strap.

So will do a total hard reset and not use issac at all, as it maybr close enough.

I may have ended up stuffing something up through with issac without knowing, etc so will go though the whole process of a hard reset of the powerpod. And redo everything.

I understand its hold down button for 10 secs?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Doing a hard reset of PP will not restore its factory settings; it simply restarts the internal computer.
John Hamann
Denodan

Post by Denodan »

I redid a reset and looked at my weight and bike tire. It showed 700x23, my bike has 29x2.1 and changed it. Added my average weight of 63.5km.

Redid calibration and cailore count is better. Default bike weight is pretty near as I weighted my bike on scales.

Also realized if your say peddling in a back wind with no accual pressure at all the powerpod will read zero.

Seems to get a mini reading you need a slight bit of pressure on the pedals.

As your stopping and starting in town anyway, then calorie count wont be correct as it seems linked in with the powerpod.

And taking a few secs for powerpod to start again will effect calorie count, but think you can never get it accurate; to many variables.

So think I have it working better.