Suggestions/requests to improve user friendliness

BillOsler

Suggestions/requests to improve user friendliness

Post by BillOsler »

I run across a couple of situations in which Isaac's behavior strikes me as not terribly user friendly. I wonder if they could be on the "wish list" for future updates?
Sometimes I do not use Tracker when I ride. When those rides are transferred from my Newton or Aeropod Isaac does some sort of seemingly arbitrary "adjustment" of the starting date/time to match something that was previously recorded in Tracker. when that happens Isaac pops up a notice and the only option is to accept the "adjusted" date/time. Why isn't there an option to either tell Isaac to forget about Tracker for that file OR choose a different (and possibly no) tracker file? I don't know what method Isaac is using to make the "adjustments" but it does not appear to work very well. I can always revert to the original download later on ... if I remember which file(s) were affected ... but why not make it easier for the user?
If I am looking at a ride file and want to look at a different ride file I frequently receive a notice asking me if I really want to lose any changes I made ... even if I have not knowingly changed anything. The dialog box offers options along the line of "OK" or "Cancel". Why isn't there a 3rd option to go ahead and save the updated file instead of having to go back to the current file, save it and then open whatever the new file is?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Suggestions/requests to improve user friendliness

Post by Velocomp »

1) When you don't ride with Tracker, you'll get a pop up message asking you if you did not ride with Tracker. Check that alternative; it won't record. Or, you might get a pop up box saying the date/time don't match. If you did not ride with tracker, ignore the option to fix date/time

2) I agree with the "Yes" suggestion. It's on the list.
John Hamann