Power but no ride file

viniga

Power but no ride file

Post by viniga »

Hi John,

Another weird one I'm afraid. Racing with the PP at the weekend, involved in a number of events including hillclimb, TT and road racing. This involved a fair bit of bike and wheel switching. For all rides the PP gave power readings to my Garmin, sometimes based on the wrong profile due to me switching things around. But oddly I got no ride file at all for the road race.

Sequence of events:

1. HIll Climb - I forced the active profile to my roadbike, switched wheels for this and ended up using the TT bikes speed sensor with the road bike cadence by accident. I switched the profile after the ride to correct. Looks like I got no cadence data tho.
2. 2UPTT - Used the TT bike with the correct sensors, ride file looks fine but when downloading the files to Isacc, I did get an odd bit of behaviour. On the first attempt it spent some time downloading the file to then just show a blank empty page (nodata file attached). On downloading the file a second time I got the ride
3. Road Race - Used the road bike with correct sensor, Power showing in Garmin, but on review perhaps looking a bit low, hard to tell for sure as I've never used power in this type of event where there was lots of drafting. But no file for it to download?

NB As far as I can tell the PP coped well with the RR conditions, some heavy showers just prior, wet roads and a lot of initial road spray from other riders.

Please advise,

Vince
Attachments
iBike_09_15_2018_1318_41_km_nodata_HiDef.ibr
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
iBike_09_15_2018_1334_33_km_2UPTT_HiDef.ibr
(649.05 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
iBike_09_15_2018_0907_44_km_BWHillClimbCorrected.ibr
(925.45 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Power but no ride file

Post by Velocomp »

There's one of two things going on:

1) your ride memory is full...can't record files when it is full

2) your ride file structure has become corrupted

You can try a hard reset of the unit, followed by downloading the road race ride. Hopefully that will work, but if not you will need to erase your ride memory, to restore the file structure in your device.
John Hamann
viniga

Post by viniga »

Thanks John, the Isacc window reports 11% of device memory used. So it looks like the hard re-set is required.
viniga

Post by viniga »

I held the power button down for 12s, I think this is the hard re-set procedure?

No new files appeared for download.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If you did not find new ride files, then you should erase your ride files. This will reformat the ride structure.
John Hamann
viniga

Post by viniga »

Erasing ride data did the trick, getting files again,

Thanks John.