Firmware 641 for PowerPod is available

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Firmware 641 for PowerPod is available

Post by Velocomp »

This firmware corrects bugs found in firmware 640.

* Whenever a sensor scan is performed (even to the same sensors) PowerPod is forced into a new, O&B calibration ride.
* Fixed a bug causing Isaac error message to appear when using the Device/Reset Profile command.

To obtain this firmware, connect your PowerPod to Isaac, then go to "Device/Check online for firmware update".

Make sure you do not touch your PowerPod or your computer during the firmware update.
John Hamann
Speedyg

Re: Firmware 641 for PowerPod is available

Post by Speedyg »

When PP is moved from one bike to another, which it has previously been paired with, does it default to a new scan for sensors and force an O&B cal, or does it just recognize the previously st up bike and go to that profile and we’re good to go?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Speedyg wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:32 am When PP is moved from one bike to another, which it has previously been paired with, does it default to a new scan for sensors and force an O&B cal, or does it just recognize the previously st up bike and go to that profile and we’re good to go?
It recognizes the sensors from the previous bike, and you're good to go.

Sensor scan is ALWAYS started by an action of the user.
John Hamann
Dusan Turkulov

Post by Dusan Turkulov »

iBike_03_31_2019_1447_3_km.ibr
Please check this file, and tell me is it correct. This is calibration O&B file and after that mr ride to home. Bike is road, aero, 700x25,
(29.7 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Please check this file, and tell me is it correct. This is calibration O&B file and after that mr ride to home. Bike is road, aero, 700x25,
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

Hello guys, got no response in general discussion, so I'll try here. I upgraded to firmware 641, and the O&B calibration doesn't work. The PP goes into the 1-100 continuous ride. Is this now the standard calibration ride ?

Thanks, ken
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please post a .ibr ride file
John Hamann
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

OK, where do I find that file ? Thank You.
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

Thank you John, while I wait, to find where to get this file, please let me clarify. When I perform a profile update, the PP Lite, does a or, requests a calibration ride, no problem. But, since the firmware update from 640 to 641, the PP lite, no longer does the new O&B ride. It does the older 1-100 calibration ride, then starts producing power watts. And all goes well. Ken
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

I think I figured it out. Here is attached ride file.
iBike_05_19_2019_1338_13_Miles.ibr
(32.82 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Also, I just discovered, I can't perform a calibration check In Isaac, , because the file is not a O&B ride, says the message. Ken
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

Hello John. Did a little testing today and here is whats happening with the calibration mode.

I double checked the instructions for an O&B cal. Push button 4 sec. wake up sensors, green blinks and turns solid, great. Push again , turns orange and then shortly later, red/green. I ride to my starting point, stop, still blinks red/green. I push the button once, flashes orange, off I go. But, at 50, no red light, Still blinks orange, and keep peddling till 100, light turns to green, and power numbers start appearing on head unit. Wish I could return to FW 640, if we can't solve this, I guess it's only an annoyance .Ken
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Are you climbing a hill on the out portion? If you are going slow then Pp will think you have turned around. Please post a ride file.
John Hamann
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

Thanks John,

No , not climbing hill, doing the calibration ride on my straight , flat street. But, after screwing around ith different profiles, and doing several calibration rides, the last test worked. I finally saw the red light come on at 50, I stopped, and returned. When for a ride, but when I down loaded the ride and tweaked the new profile, I noticed the cadence sensor was shown as connected. I've tried several times to pair the cad. sensor, but no luck .

Will grab the ride file shortly. Bike is plugged into another PC.
iBike_05_19_2019_1338_13_Miles.ibr
(32.94 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Update: Well, I figured out how to perform a hard reset, now the Cad & Speed sensor are paired and showing in the profile. Apparently, I must have done a hard reset, at some point, to get the O&B ride calibration to work. Now that I have done a hard reset, it's telling me to do a re-cal ride, which I expected. Bike is in for the night.

Now, I have ordered a second speed sensor, for a second bike, when it gets here, time to set up my climbing bike. Saw the video, on how to do that, but I'm using the PP Lite, and you have addressed how to perform that function.

My plan, after I get all this working, is to get more speed sensors, and buy the upgrade the PP Lite, and make life really simple for myself.

Thank you so much, John , you have been very helpful, to this 72 yr. old cyclist. Ken
Attachments
iBike_10_08_2018_0010_1_Miles_CalRide.ibr
(15.63 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Last edited by Kcblair on Mon May 20, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kcblair

Post by Kcblair »

I'm amazed, at how bikes have progressed , since I started riding 50+ yrs. ago. Started with 5 speed, friction shifting, clip peddles. Now , at age 72, I'm riding CF frame, thru-axles, disc brakes, and more sensors than most cars "LOL". My son noticed my bike, plugged into my PC (PowerPod) and wanted to know what that was all about. Ken
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Kcblair wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:19 pm I'm amazed, at how bikes have progressed , since I started riding 50+ yrs. ago. Started with 5 speed, friction shifting, clip peddles. Now , at age 72, I'm riding CF frame, thru-axles, disc brakes, and more sensors than most cars "LOL". My son noticed my bike, plugged into my PC (PowerPod) and wanted to know what that was all about. Ken
:-)
John Hamann