iAero shutting off while waiting for race start

faheyb

iAero shutting off while waiting for race start

Post by faheyb »

I have been using an iAero for 15 months and successfully use it on 4 bikes, including a TT bike and a MTB. I find that I need to run a scan every time I change bikes, but it will recognise the sensors if used on the same bike in sucession. I assume that this is normal.

Recently I have an issue with the iAero turning itself off while waiting for a race start - It did not do this earlier - has a recent software change caused this? I generally have a good warmup, with the iBike all set up and running, and then wait for the race start, with the Speed and Cadence sensor obvoiusly not detecting signals, but with the HR sensor continuing to read - the iBike just times out and shuts off. I am not able to then get it going , it looses everything and I need to go and re-sacn. THIS IS NOT REALLY ACCEPTABLE in this type of situation.
Is there a simple way of inhibiting the "timeout" while the HR is running, or is there an easy way to re-set, without leaving the race start area.

I would appreciate feedback on this.

thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iAero shutting off while waiting for race start

Post by Velocomp »

Check your firmware version; it should be 4.26. If it is not, then update to 4.26.

Your iAero will turn off after 20 minutes of complete inactivity. That has always been the case; if it were to stay on indefinitely then the battery would run down.

With 4.26, even if your iAero falls asleep, when it is reawakened, once you start pedaling (so that the speed/cadence sensors reawaken) everything will happen automatically.

If you're standing at the starting line with an iBike that is asleep, and you reawaken it prior to reawakening your speed sensor, the iBike will sit there for 20 minutes, waiting to find the speed sensor signal. If it doesn't "hear" anything for 20 minutes then it will go to sleep again.

One final thing: make sure all your batteries are fresh, both iBike and sensors. If you change your sensor batteries you will have to do a new pairing.

It is not necessary to do a re-scan to get things to pair.
John Hamann
faheyb

Re: iAero shutting off while waiting for race start

Post by faheyb »

Thanks for the reply. I have updated to 4.26, and replaced all batteries. I have also checked the 20 minute time period several times. It is now perfect.

Thanks.