Calibration Ride Issue

AN2019

Calibration Ride Issue

Post by AN2019 »

I got a new out-front mount, so I decided to re-calibrate my AP. This time, I decided to use Profile 4. Rode a few miles to get to a slightly better place to calibrate. Unfortunately, there were literally two car accidents that meant that I had to deviate from the road I was on after I got to the part after 70% (the portion after you get back to your starting point). It was far from perfect after that (had to make some turns. Still was able to make it to 100 and was getting power numbers after). Uploaded the ride and noticed that it wasn’t a calibration file. I then tried to copy the profile 4 to profile 3. That seemed to work. However, Profile 3 is now flashing orange indicating that it needs a calibration ride.

Did I screw up the calibration ride and that’s why it isn’t working?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Calibration Ride Issue

Post by Velocomp »

I have no idea what state your AP is in right now.

I would start over with your sensor pairing and calibration.
John Hamann
AN2019

Post by AN2019 »

Velocomp wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:51 pm I have no idea what state your AP is in right now.

I would start over with your sensor pairing and calibration.
Is there any reason why the calibration ride wasn’t recognized?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

From the information provided there is no way for me to figure out what happened.
John Hamann
AN2019

Post by AN2019 »

Velocomp wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:38 pm From the information provided there is no way for me to figure out what happened.
Here's the ride file that was supposed to be a calibration. Interestingly, it looks like it "begins" at the turn around point (i.e., when my Garmin read "50"). Weird. You can see from the GPS that I was diverted from the route that I had chosen just after I made it to when my Garmin read "70" (the starting point). Looks like the ride file terminated when the Garmin read "100". There's a second ride file from the rest of the ride.

Went ahead and reset the AP and will just do it again (it was a crappy calibration due to the traffic accident anyway). I just want to make sure that I don't screw it up again by figuring out exactly what happened.
Attachments
Velocomp_10_15_2021_1654_2_Miles.ibr
(28.13 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Velocomp_10_15_2021_1700_5_Miles.ibr
(95.53 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

These are not good routes for using profile 4, either for calibration or testing. Too many turns and too much variation in elevation. You need a reasonably level out and back route, without a lot of sharp turns, when using profile 4. You will get poor results otherwise.

I would set your unit to profile 3 and do a new calibration.
John Hamann
Lopey66

Post by Lopey66 »

AN2019 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:13 pm I got a new out-front mount, so I decided to re-calibrate my AP. This time, I decided to use Profile 4. Rode a few miles to get to a slightly better place to calibrate. Unfortunately, there were literally two car accidents that meant that I had to deviate from the road I was on after I got to the part after 70% (the portion after you get back to your starting point). It was far from perfect after that (had to make some turns. Still was able to make it to 100 and was getting power numbers after). Uploaded the ride and noticed that it wasn’t a calibration file. I then tried to copy the profile 4 to profile 3. That seemed to work. However, Profile 3 is now flashing orange indicating that it needs a calibration ride.

Did I screw up the calibration ride and that’s why it isn’t working?
I found when I do profile 3 calibration its much shorter, 800m in first direction and 1200m for the return