Nuovo AeroPod

Matad1974

Nuovo AeroPod

Post by Matad1974 »

Hi everyone, after using an old Newton for a few weeks, I have decided to buy a new AeroPod.
Today I made the first outing with the newcomer and I would like to know if the steps I have taken are correct.
1) I connected AP to the PC, waited for it to load (red light off) and went to profile 4 where I only entered my weight and that of my equipment and set the most accurate calibration;
2) I paired the cadence and speed sensors and the Garmin 830 with the latest firmware
3) For calibration, I woke up my sensors, turned on AP and finally turned on the Garmin. I went on a road with good asphalt and started the calibration. AP flashed red / green, before leaving I pressed the button and the light turned yellow, on the Garmin the watts started from 0 to 50, the light is now red I turned around and at this point the light returned to yellow, so I went back to the starting point where I pressed the button again.
I expected AP to continue increasing watts up to 100 to finish its measurement but instead it turned off the light and sent data to the Power, Slope fields on my Garmin.
4) I noticed that the Cda value remained stationary at 0.354, probably because I unintentionally interrupted the calibration (I ask for confirmation) and no wind data was ever displayed even if I see it detected on ISAAC;

Last questions:
Can you turn off AP manually? Or does it turn off on its own after some time (as I imagine) after how long?
Battery life, how many hours?

I attach the file of the total stroke, the one of the calibration I think is the initial part.
After downloading the race I realized that I hadn't set the date and time ...
Is there a manual in Italian? My AP has firmware v.8.02 where can i see the release notes?

Greetings Ciro and thanks for every answer.
Attachments
AeroPod_Ciro_27_01_2021_0833_86_km.ibr
(644.16 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Nuovo AeroPod

Post by Velocomp »

The big problem here is that you don't have a DFPM paired to AeroPod. You can't get CdA measurements unless you have a DFPM paired to your AP.

Turn off AP by clicking its button 5 times in succession. You'll see solid Green/Yellow/Red, then off.

Fully charged battery should go for about 27 hours riding.
John Hamann
Matad1974

Post by Matad1974 »

Excuse me Giovanni if I take this opportunity, so the calibration is fine the one I did this morning?
Power data are much more truthful :D
For the indications of the wind I will let you know in the future, I would not want to be confused, bye and thanks again.
Matad1974

Post by Matad1974 »

Good evening Giovanni, today I re-calibrated the AeroPod with profile n.1, everything seems ok (I don't have a power meter at the crank arm yet so profile n.4 is not usable for me).
I wanted to ask if by sending you the SN of the old Newton (bought on eBay) you can check if he has the key to the PowerStroke and be able to put it on my new AeroPod, thanks.
Attachments
AeroPod_Ciro_20_07_2021_0919_60_km.ibr
Racing today
(477.73 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Matad1974

Post by Matad1974 »

Good afternoon, the AP seems to work fine but when I download this message, can you tell me how to fix?
I also installed the Varia unit on my bike, when you disconnect / reconnect it blocks the reading of the Slope and Wind data, they remain fixed.
My temporary solution is to change the profile from BDC to MTB without stopping the run, the values thus return to work

thanks Ciro
Attachments
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (9).png (288.37 KiB) Viewed 4122 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The error message is in Italian so I can't translate.

From what I can guess, it appears that you are using the Newton Tracker app and that the GPS files associated with your rides can't be found.
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Yes, this is coming from Isaac looking for a GPS file.

In my Power Pod 4 I can get the same error message if I am logged in to the GPS tracker application - VeloTrack - while in Isaac - and did not enable to collect ride data - or never started the mobile app on the iPhone.

Since I have a Garmin Edge, the VeloTrack and GPS are not that relevant for me - the Garmin Connect features combine Power, Cadence, HR, location, wind, slope as well as respiration that provide enough detail - and I get the color map of my route that also indicates where different power zones were during the ride.

Right now I cannot remember how I shut this message of every time I download a new ride file to Isaac.
Matad1974

Post by Matad1974 »

Today I downloaded the last 3 or 4 races ... First I logged out from one of the first ISAAC menus regarding GPS tracking and the error did not occur. I'm typing from my cell phone and possibly post a photo from my PC if needed. Greetings Ciro