Measurement Over Short Periods and More...

Andy W

Measurement Over Short Periods and More...

Post by Andy W »

Hello,

I have searched but not found much addressing my questions. How useful and accurate will the aeropod be over short measurement intervals? For some context: I would like to measure flying 200 efforts on the velodrome (20 seconds for the wind up and timed portion.) Maintaining 40+ mph for longer periods is not realistic...and small changes will make a significant difference.

Is there enough granularity to look at data from an outdoor velodrome and it would be useful given conditions on the front and back straight are often very different due to a prevailing wind.

Is the aeropod suitable to use on an indoor velodrome? Does altitude impact the accuracy of results?

Thank you in advance for any and all feedback.

Cheers,
AW
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Measurement Over Short Periods and More...

Post by Velocomp »

1) I don't think you will get meaningful data with 20 second runs. It simply is too short a period of time to get enough data samples. If you do 10 runs with the same ride conditions (position, equipment) you might be able to combine the individual results and get something.

2) You can definitely use AP in an outdoor velodrome. There can be a difference between headwind and tailwind.

3) Yes, AP works on indoor velodromes. Altitude has no effect on results.
John Hamann
Andy W

Post by Andy W »

John,

Thank you for the response. What is the minimum suggested duration to get meaningful data?

Cheers,
AW
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I've seen solid data gathered over a 1 mile loop. The best way to do things is multiple loops of the came test condition.
John Hamann