power reading and recording

syll1914

power reading and recording

Post by syll1914 »

can you exlain what is dynamic power smoothing and which one it is the best? ....what can I do to not see high power reading on cobblestone segment (even I pedal very easy I can see minim 1000w)...and my heartrate reading is 85 all the time....i will put my ride from today to check all....calibration and everything.i wasn t alone..I rode with another friend
Attachments
canyon_17_05_2020_1018_77_km_HiDef.ibr
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 197 times
syll1914

Re: power reading and recording

Post by syll1914 »

still no answer...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sorry, I did not see the original posting...

Dynamic power smoothing is designed to help people who use their power meters for training. When doing long intervals, the power averaging is about 10 seconds...so the power numbers are smooth. However, whenever you do a sprint, averaging instantly changes to 2 second averaging, so power numbers respond quickly.

By default, your device is set to Dynamic Power Smoothing. If you would rather not use that feature, you can switch to more conventional smoothing, such as 3 second.

I don't see anywhere in your ride file where there are cobblestones...can you point me to a spot?

You have an AeroPod, but there is no DFPM paired to your AP. The HR channel shows CdA (AeroPod only) and the number is reporting is 85+180 = 0.365

Do a new sensor pairing, and make sure your DFPM is paired.
John Hamann
BillOsler

Post by BillOsler »

Is that a typo?
Velocomp wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:38 am 85+180 = 0.365
syll1914

Post by syll1914 »

Velocomp wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:38 am Sorry, I did not see the original posting...

Dynamic power smoothing is designed to help people who use their power meters for training. When doing long intervals, the power averaging is about 10 seconds...so the power numbers are smooth. However, whenever you do a sprint, averaging instantly changes to 2 second averaging, so power numbers respond quickly.

By default, your device is set to Dynamic Power Smoothing. If you would rather not use that feature, you can switch to more conventional smoothing, such as 3 second.

I don't see anywhere in your ride file where there are cobblestones...can you point me to a spot?

You have an AeroPod, but there is no DFPM paired to your AP. The HR channel shows CdA (AeroPod only) and the number is reporting is 85+180 = 0.365

after 1 km...peak power almost 2000w...I m not care about CDA..i use Aeropod like a powermeter....the problem is heartrate reading ( it is 85 for entire ride )...yersterday I was forced to make a new calibration ride and I don t know why, how can I stop Aeropod device to connect to others sensors than those who I chose before my calibration ride, I have also others sensors in my house, also a wahoo kikr and If I send to device again my last properly calibration ride dates, everything will come back to normal or now I have to do a new calibration ride?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

BillOsler wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:08 pm Is that a typo?
Velocomp wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:38 am 85+180 = 0.365
OOPS! 0.265
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

syll1914 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:03 pm
Velocomp wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:38 am Sorry, I did not see the original posting...

after 1 km...peak power almost 2000w...I m not care about CDA..i use Aeropod like a powermeter....the problem is heartrate reading ( it is 85 for entire ride )...yersterday I was forced to make a new calibration ride and I don t know why, how can I stop Aeropod device to connect to others sensors than those who I chose before my calibration ride, I have also others sensors in my house, also a wahoo kikr and If I send to device again my last properly calibration ride dates, everything will come back to normal or now I have to do a new calibration ride?
If you're using AP as a power meter, set it up in profile 1 or 2. You will then get HR reading. You can copy the attached profile into profile 1 or 2; this way, you won't have to do a new cal ride.
Attachments
Syll1914.ibp
(368 Bytes) Downloaded 195 times
John Hamann
syll1914

Post by syll1914 »

and about rest of issues?...can we avoid them?..was pretty annoying yesterday, rush to a challenge and your powermeter ask for a new calibration ride, of course I just rode without a properly calibration ride and the numbers from afar wasn t ok
syll1914

Post by syll1914 »

if I am in a group ride and a make a coffee break when I will start again, my powermeter will connect to a DFPM from another cyclist and what I have to do, just stop and ride home to send again to my aeropod the last calibration ride details?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The only time your device will connect to another ANT+ device is if you put it into pairing mode. The only time this will happen is if you press-hold the button for 4 seconds; the light will flash green, indicating that pairing is underway.

To turn your device on simply click its button. Do not press-hold the button.
John Hamann
syll1914

Post by syll1914 »

Velocomp wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:18 pm The only time your device will connect to another ANT+ device is if you put it into pairing mode. The only time this will happen is if you press-hold the button for 4 seconds; the light will flash green, indicating that pairing is underway.

To turn your device on simply click its button. Do not press-hold the button.
aaa ok...probably the brake cable was the problem than..i can stop this if it happens again?