Feature request

BillOsler

Feature request

Post by BillOsler »

One of the challenges I encounter when combining data from multiple sources (eg: Aeropod plus my Garmin) is the fact that the Aeropod (or perhaps Isaac) leaves gaps in the data streams of the exported CSV files. My guess is that this was originally done as a way to reduce storage requirements but the Aeropod's memory is sufficiently large that the small savings achieved do not make a meaningful difference from a resource utilization perspective.
Data synchronization would be simpler if the exported CSV files that Isaac generates included one data point every second for the duration of the ride.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Feature request

Post by Velocomp »

You're correct that we do this to minimize data storage. This becomes particularly important when recording powerstroke files, which have 16 data points per second.

When I look at CSV files I can see the time stamps of each data point. When ride recording stops there is a break in the timestamps.

We have not had this particular request in 15 years, so it doesn't seem like a major deal. However, you could manually insert rows into the CSV files whenever there is a break. For example, if the time break is 30 seconds, insert 30 empty rows...

In Isaac we routinely merge files from different sources, including Garmin, where there are time gaps between our data and the others. It is not an impossible task.
John Hamann