Aeropod IQ app?

speedyvelo

Aeropod IQ app?

Post by speedyvelo »

Problem: does the IQ app works in the Aeropod when I am using the AP as a powermeter (Profile 1..3)?

1. The IQ app works very well when I am using the AP with DFPM and a speed sensor (#1)in profile 4 measuring all the items CdA, Wind etc.

2. Often I use the AP as a power meter, with another speed sensor (#2) and no-DFPM and setup for profile 1. In this setup the IQ app shows only with dashes in the 4 fields of the ap. I can not see wind or grade. I try to install and reinstall the sensors in the Garmin (Edge 830) without success. Of course the AP as powermeter works well.

Q1. Does the IQ app works in the AP, when using the AP as a power meter with a different speed sensor and no-DFPM?

Any tips in what should I do different

Thanks

-=terry=-
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Aeropod IQ app?

Post by Velocomp »

It should work. You may need to do a new pairing of AP to your Garmin when you switch profiles.
John Hamann
speedyvelo

Post by speedyvelo »

John,

It worked. What I had to do was to change the data field. I just press the CdA app on the screen then I change to another data field (I use Time) then few seconds alter I press again Time and replace it with the CdA app and this time worked. For some reason iirc I did the same thing when I use with profile 4.
I do not have that type of problems with others IQ app. Something happens when I change the data fields that gets activated.

Thanks John

-=terry=-
speedyvelo

Post by speedyvelo »

Problem: after successful installation on running the first time, then fails to load in subsequent rides.

Progress: using the instruction "How to fix CdA screen in Garmin 1030"

https://velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=5274

the IQ app works very well both when using as live CdA in Profile 4 and also when the AP is use as a powermeter in Profile 1.

The following I do before I start the ride:
1. Wake up the sensors (speed and cadence)
2. turn on the AP where green light flashes then eventually turn off. I'm using the AP as a power meter.
3. Turn on the Garmin 830. All the sensors are initialized. Everything looks OK. I ride and power comes up OK.
4. The screen with the IQapp shows ----.
5. Nothing I do will make it work again (change the data fields) (remove the screen and add it again).
6. The only thing to make it work again is to follow the instruction : "How to fix CdA screen in Garmin 1030" every time
7. Something is missing here, I have no problems with any other IQapp

-=terry=-