How to fix CdA screen in Garmin 1030

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

How to fix CdA screen in Garmin 1030

Post by Velocomp »

I received a Garmin 1030 today. It had Garmin FW7.00 loaded in it. I followed AeroPod ConnectIQ CdA Instructions and got the 1030 to successfully display power and CdA data.

I then updated the 1030 to 8.00. After updating the 1030 did not display CdA data (fields were all dashes). The Garmin DID display power data.

I then did the following:

1) I removed the 1030 data screen with the CdA and power data

2) I connected the 1030 to my computer, opened the Garmin/Apps folder, and deleted our ConnectIQ app

3) I emptied the Trash on my computer, which also removed our app from the Garmin's internal drive

4) I reinstalled our ConnectIQ app into the Garmin/App folder

5) I made sure AP was on and showing solid green light (this means AP is transmitting CdA data)

6) I recreated the 2 field CdA screen in the 1030

Once the above steps were completed, I once again saw all Power and CdA fields in the display (no dashes).
John Hamann
admiraljkb

Re: How to fix CdA screen in Garmin 1030

Post by admiraljkb »

Quick note: Verified the above worked with v9.0 firmware as well.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

admiraljkb wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:12 am Quick note: Verified the above worked with v9.0 firmware as well.
It's interesting they came out with FW 9.0 so quickly...I bet there were bugs in their FW 8.0
John Hamann
admiraljkb

Post by admiraljkb »

[/quote]
It's interesting they came out with FW 9.0 so quickly...I bet there were bugs in their FW 8.0
[/quote]

Well, I ran the 8.07 beta, which substantially stabilized things over 8.0 which was buggy, and then 9.0 which has gone the wrong direction for sensors/livetrack again...Given the state of 9.0, expect 9.0x releasing pretty quick. But at least I'm not having the issues several other people are with random shutdowns and hard crashes midride. It's crazy when the beta software is more stable than release. :D The 1030 hasn't had a stable production release yet...
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

I have no way of knowing if the FW for the Edge 830 is in the same state of confusion - the latest release for it is listed as 5.0 - albeit that this model is newer than the original release of the 1030.

I am going to likely have to wait until Spring to know what does work reliably for the AeroPod data fields on the 830 - Minnesota is starting to look much to wintery. Back at 4.10 the data fields for the AP/PP (wind & slope) were not showing up consistently and the effort to try and get them was a significant waste of time. I also hope that the fields become separated into single fields and not a composite, or at least wind/slope as a separate option.