Problem with power reading from DFPM randomly dropping to ~ 50% or less than correct figure

mareng

Problem with power reading from DFPM randomly dropping to ~ 50% or less than correct figure

Post by mareng »

I was trying to run some tests a couple of days ago.

Started with calibration ride, at first everything looked OK but then CDA suddenly dropped to about half of what it should be. Realized that the reason for this is the power that the Aeropod was seeing from the DFPM had also dropped by about half and also the cadence dropped out. The problem seems to be with the Aeropod rather thanthe DFPM because I could confirm that the DFPM was actually sending the correct power numbers via a second Garmin.

I can also see that during the time when the power was low cadence was also being reported as zero, again, this does not correspond to the reading on the other Garmin.

The Aeropod seemed to recover after that, unfortunately the issue occurred during some tests I was trying to run rendering the data useless.

What could be the problem here? Has anyone else seen anything similar?
Attachments
iBike_09_08_2019_1243_34_Miles.ibr
(338.59 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Problem with power reading from DFPM randomly dropping to ~ 50% or less than correct figure

Post by Velocomp »

What kind of DFPM are you using?

I agree that where your DFPM readings are wrong, you also have zero cadence.
John Hamann
mareng

Re: Problem with power reading from DFPM randomly dropping to ~ 50% or less than correct figure

Post by mareng »

I'm using Assioma Duo pedals
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

mareng wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:48 am I'm using Assioma Duo pedals
We have Assioma pedals and they work without problems.

I would do a hard reset of your AeroPod (press-hold button for 12 seconds, until light goes out momentarily then turns back on). Release button and connect to Isaac to restore date/time settings in AP.

Hopefully you won't see any more dropouts. Let us know...
John Hamann