Aeropod basic understanding

speedyvelo

Aeropod basic understanding

Post by speedyvelo »

Ref: I had the AP working one time so I know all is OK. Now I am using it at a PM and it is a carbon copy of the Garmin Vector 3, just great.
Here my understanding and basic questions:

1. Using the AP as a power metter I have 3 profiles in 1,2,3 for different bikes all with different speed sensors and cadence sensors.
They work well and they are recognized automatically after I wake up the sensor and go for a ride.

2. To setup the AP for live CdA
2.1 The CdA profile can be setup only in profiles 4
2.2 The CdA profile is basically the same as the other ones so is associates with only one bike (the one I have calibrated for)_ and needs another speed sensor (different than the other three)
2.3 If the bike associated with the CdA is one of the bikes in profile 1,2 or 3 whenever I am going to use CdA I need to replace the speed sensor with the correct one.
Q: do i have to also change the cadence? or just only the speed sensor will do it.
2.4 Of course the DFPM is paired also.
2.5 If I do not pair it with a HR sensor then the graphic correspond to the CdA, I looks ok but is not of too much use because i do not have any scale for the y axis. Do I missing something?

Great device.

-=terry=-
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Aeropod basic understanding

Post by Velocomp »

1. Correct
2.1 Correct
2.2 Correct
2.3 For CdA measurements, use the speed sensor that was associated with profile 4. You do not have to change cadence sensor
2.4 Yes
2.5 In profile 4, CdA will be recorded in the HR channel, even if you have paired with an HR strap. To get CdA data from HR channel, multiply HR by 4 and divide by 1000. For example, an HR reading of 101 corresponds to a CdA of 101 * 4 / 1000 = 0.404
John Hamann
speedyvelo

Re: Aeropod basic understanding

Post by speedyvelo »

John thank you much!

-=terry=-