Power not visible on Garmin after pairing with AP

Turt

Power not visible on Garmin after pairing with AP

Post by Turt »

I tried several times to do the calibration ride according to instructions with no success. I go throught the whole proceedure (set up of profile 4, pairing with P2Max and bontrager speed/cadence sensor on my SpeedConcept bike and with Garmin Edge 520 w/o any problems). Shortly after calibration ride (crossing 100W) AP shows few power number and after 3-5 seconds it shows 0W and doesn't change. Before calibration ride I also see 0W on my Garmin once AP is set as the main powermeter. All other readings seem to be working (obviously w/o time gain) and CdA changes only slightly (from 0.230 to 0.229 or 0.231) after calibration ride and then stays w/o any change. When I press power button it shows green light signalling that it's ready to be used, but there is no power data on my Garmin.

When I disable AP as a power meter in my Garmin Edge, I can still see all the other readings apart from power. Any ideas what might be the issue?

I received AP week ago, so it's equiped with the latest FW and it's version for 399 USD (no +).
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Power not visible on Garmin after pairing with AP

Post by Velocomp »

Please connect your AP to Isaac and post a .ibr ride file
John Hamann
Turt

Post by Turt »

Here are the files from yesterday
Attachments
Turt rides iBike_07_25_2019.7z
(325.84 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Neither your DFPM data nor your cadence data is being recorded in the ride file. There is a cadence ID in your profile, but no cadence. Finally, you say you have a combined speed/cadence sensor, but there are two IDs for those sensors. Do you have separate speed and cadence sensors, or a single sensor with both speed and cadence probes?

Interestingly, your DFPM ID is not there.

Please do the following:

1) Do a hard reset of your unit (press-hold button for 12 sec, until light goes out momentarily then flashes. Release) Then, do a short ride and see if watts are fixed. Post ride file from this step

2) If step 1 does not fix things, then remove battery from cadence sensor and do a new pairing to PP. Do the calibration ride and see if watts appear. Post a short ride file from this step

3) If watts appear after cal ride in 2), then momentarily insert battery backwards into cadence sensor (to do a reset of it), then insert normally. Do a new sensor pairing followed by cal ride and short ride afterwards. Post a ride file.

Hopefully one of these steps will take care of things!
John Hamann
Turt

Post by Turt »

Thank you for quick reply. Indeed I have Power2Max that records cadence as well as Bontrager speed/cadence sensor that records speed.
However, I'm not using Bontrager cadence sensor on crank so I changed in Isaac in the profile serial number for cadence for the same serial number as for power. That should however not affect power readings problem because before that change I had the same issue.

I'll follow steps suggested and let you know about the outcome. Tomorrow I might also have a chance to check my AP on other bike of my friend with other P2M.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

This may be your problem. You should do sensor pairing with AP, and not try to overwrite sensor IDs in Isaac.
John Hamann
Turt

Post by Turt »

I'll change it, but I don't think it's a problem because I tried to do calibration ride several times and it was always the case (the setting was changed before last ride).

Two questions:
1) does it mean that it's better to have source of cadence in Isaac set to speed/cadence sensor even if it's not actually transmitting cadence data (no sensor on crank)? Is cadence data necessary to show power?
2) I found one ride (see file attached) that has extension _CalRide. Should a ride with proper calibration be recorded with such extension in the name of the file?
Attachments
iBike_07_20_2019_1236_14_Miles_CalRide.ibr
(122.94 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Turt wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:33 am I'll change it, but I don't think it's a problem because I tried to do calibration ride several times and it was always the case (the setting was changed before last ride).

Two questions:
1) does it mean that it's better to have source of cadence in Isaac set to speed/cadence sensor even if it's not actually transmitting cadence data (no sensor on crank)? Is cadence data necessary to show power?
2) I found one ride (see file attached) that has extension _CalRide. Should a ride with proper calibration be recorded with such extension in the name of the file?
This data is non-sensical, too. All Wireless IDs are zero...

Please do a hard reset and new sensor pairing, then a short ride.
John Hamann
Turt

Post by Turt »

I don't think it's an answer to the questions posted, but anyway... I did point 1) hard reset twice, all old profiles has been removed, set up a brand new profile #4, put cadence sensor on my crank arm (so that speed and power can be read from the Bontrager sensor), paired DFPM (P2Max) and Bontrager speed/cadence sensor, made sure that my P2max is active in my Garmin, but also that AP is my main PM. Then I went for a short spin on my trainer (I leave in a city center, so in order to do the proper ride I have to go quite far away from my home, which for me is a struggle every time). Unfortunately, I can't see power readings. The questions is the following (I didn't find it in any of the manual/videos posted so far):

Should power from DFPM be visible on AP before or only after calibration ride?
(I see on my Garmin slope and wind data fluctuating, so I assume AP is connected to Garmin properly)

I would assume that without power readings proper calibration ride is not possible. Correct me if I'm wrong please...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I want to confirm that your sensor pairing is working.

Please do the following:

1) Use the command "Device/Setup/Reset Profile-Device" and reset profile 4. Disconnect AP from Isaac

2) Make sure your bike sensors are awake; you can confirm this with your bike computer

3) Wake up AP. Its light should be solid red. If it is anything else, profile has not been reset

4) Perform sensor pairing. You should see flashing green, then 3 flashes of yellow, then solid green, then out (successful pairing). When you click the button again, it will show solid yellow. If it is anything else then sensor pairing was not successful.

5) Connect AP to Isaac. Go to "Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from Device". This will extract your profile. Click on Wireless IDs and take a screen shot of what you see.
John Hamann
Turt

Post by Turt »

I see pop up window "Function not supported on this device" while trying to do step 1.
Turt

Post by Turt »

I did new pairing anyway. Here is a screenshot from profile extracted from my AP as well as a short indoor "ride".
Attachments
iBike_07_27_2019_0825_0_km.ibr
(5.17 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
IMG-5397.JPG
IMG-5397.JPG (172.87 KiB) Viewed 6157 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please connect your AP to Isaac.

Go to "Device/Unlock Feature"

When the pop-up window appears click on "Unlock Status". Take a screen shot of the unlock status screen and please post it.
John Hamann
Turt

Post by Turt »

Here is the screenshot. After some adjustments I managed to get my DFPM numbers visible on Garmin through AeroPod. I'll keep you posted if I experience any issues. Thanks for swift replies!
Attachments
IMG-5397.JPG
IMG-5397.JPG (172.87 KiB) Viewed 6143 times
Turt

Post by Turt »

I could not delete the previous post, so here is the proper screenshot
Attachments
IMG-5435.JPG
IMG-5435.JPG (192.9 KiB) Viewed 6142 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please do the following:

1) Disconnect AP from Isaac

2) Perform a hard reset of your AP (press-hold button for about 12 seconds, until light goes out momentarily then turns back on. Release button.)

3) Connect AP to Isaac

4) Go to "Device/unlock feature/get unlock status" and take a screen shot

5) Go to "Edit/Edit Profiles/Extract from device/Wireless IDs" and take a screen shot

6) Do a 5 minute ride and post the ride file

I want to see where the issue is starting.
John Hamann