AeroPod Dead...

sebo2000

AeroPod Dead...

Post by sebo2000 »

I used this thing maybe 6 times total, got it late last year and there was no good weather to use it. I took it out a week ago and tried to follow calibration instructions but had some strange issues. lights were not blinking the way as described in the manual.
Yesterday I managed to calibrate properly after calibration I went for 2h ride just to gather some data. Came home, press button 5 times to turn it off, not the unit is dead. When I connect to the computer Issac software does not find it, I tried to connect to iPhone charger but LED is not blinking. When I press the button nothing happens. Any ideas on how to resurrect this gizmo, without deleting my 2h ride from yesterday or delete calibration.?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: AeroPod Dead...

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com for next steps.
John Hamann
syll1914

Post by syll1914 »

the same problem...in the middle of tour just stopped to work... no reaction, no blinking, nothing...home when I tried to connect to my laptop..same thing.. no reaction...I kept the button for 10-15 sec pressed and finally..what can be?...I will make today a full reset
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Try a hard-reset of your AeroPod: press-hold button for about 12 seconds. Hopefully you will see the light come on. If it does then release the button. You should then be able to access your ride files.
John Hamann
syll1914

Post by syll1914 »

yes..that i said, that worked for me...i made a full reset..new calibration..looks that everything is ok now
Frank TTC

Post by Frank TTC »

same here last week.
After each ride I turn the Powerpod off (5x click)
Now it will not turn on. I keep it always fully charged through an external powerbank.
It doesn't connect to the PC through usb also.
12 seconds doesn't wake up the device.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Frank TTC wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:48 am same here last week.
After each ride I turn the Powerpod off (5x click)
Now it will not turn on. I keep it always fully charged through an external powerbank.
It doesn't connect to the PC through usb also.
12 seconds doesn't wake up the device.
Hold the button down for 20 seconds (count). Hopefully you will see the light start flashing; if it does, let the button go. The unit is rebooted.

If hard reset doesn't work please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com
John Hamann
stavrosd2006

Post by stavrosd2006 »

Same happened with my aeropod,just returned from a 70 km ride, stopped halfway, for 15 minutes, tried to keep unit alive,in order to record one file, realised unit, will not power on.Charging will not wake the unit up.Neither will ISAAC for mac.Had to hold the button for 15 sec to reboot.i assume now have to calibrate again? is that correct? Cannot find my cal ride in the unit, very frustrating, have to ride far away from home to get the calibration conditions needed for an accurate calibration. :evil: :evil:
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

After a hard reset you don't have to recalibrate. Calibration numbers are stored permanently in memory.

When you stop for an extended period of time, AP will go to sleep, to preserve battery (all bike computers do this).

When you're ready to resume riding, simply click the button to awaken AP.
John Hamann
stavrosd2006

Post by stavrosd2006 »

Velocomp wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:31 am After a hard reset you don't have to recalibrate. Calibration numbers are stored permanently in memory.

When you stop for an extended period of time, AP will go to sleep, to preserve battery (all bike computers do this).

Good news!!!! i will check on next ride.
Yes i do know that aeropod goes to sleep, have done it many times so far and it worked.That's why i press button during stops.

Thank you for your swift answer,
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

stavrosd2006 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:12 am
Velocomp wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:31 am After a hard reset you don't have to recalibrate. Calibration numbers are stored permanently in memory.

Good news!!!! i will check on next ride.
Yes i do know that aeropod goes to sleep, have done it many times so far and it worked.That's why i press button during stops.

Thank you for your swift answer,
Make sure you only click the button to wake it up. If you press-hold you will start a new pairing and calibration. If you press-hold for over 10 seconds you'll do a hard reset.
John Hamann