Powerstroke Option?

brantel

Powerstroke Option?

Post by brantel »

John,

I am so on the fence with the new PP vs the Aeropod....

I noticed that the Power stroke upgrade for the new PP is only $48.50 adder but for the Aeropod+ it adds $100 to the price.

Is this a website issue or is that intentional?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerstroke Option?

Post by Velocomp »

AeroPod+ adds both PowerStroke and GPS Tracker function. There is a bit of a premium for us loading them at the factory for you.
John Hamann
WilsonT

Post by WilsonT »

Somewhat related to this, it appears that I've lost the powerstroke feature for my Aeropod in recent rides! Checked the features in Isaac and I should have it..

I have the kickstarter aeropod, if that makes any difference!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

WilsonT wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:23 pm Somewhat related to this, it appears that I've lost the powerstroke feature for my Aeropod in recent rides! Checked the features in Isaac and I should have it..

I have the kickstarter aeropod, if that makes any difference!
1) You need to have a separate cadence sensor that is mounted on your crank. Do you have this?

2) If so, then make sure your cadence sensor battery is good

3) If so, make sure your AP is paired to your separate cadence sensor.

If all of the above is true then you should get Powerstroke readings.

NOTE: Many DFPMs transmit cadence, but they won't provide the necessary Powerstroke data.
John Hamann
WilsonT

Post by WilsonT »

I don't have a separate cadence sensor, although I've been using the same power meter this whole time (a Power2Max Type S). I was getting powerstroke readings in rides I was doing back in March/April/May prior to the 7.06 firmware, but now, for some reason they aren't turning up - is it possibly related to the update?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Not likely.

P2M won't transmit the information needed for valid PowerStroke. Buy a separate cadence sensor (we recommend Garmin) and you will get solid results.
John Hamann
Hank

Post by Hank »

Buy a separate cadence sensor (we recommend Garmin) and you will get solid results.
Garmin vector 3 (both side, so NOT the S) would do? It has cadence sensor as well as power sensor and also other feature like cycling dynamics.
Do you calculate this too?
For me so far it looks like cycling dynamic data are not transferred anymore to the computer via the "repeater" called AeroPod.

Thanks for the fast answer in advance as I have only 6 days to prepare my AeroPod for sending back according to the 30 days money back warranty.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

1) PowerStroke is a feature specific to Velocomp products. PowerStroke requires a crank-mounted cadence sensor. While it is true that some DFPMs provide cadence data, DFPM cadence does not provide critical information required to make PowerStroke functional.

2) AeroPod retransmits power number data. We do not claim that we retransmit all of the other "stuff" that can appear in particular power meters; that would be a nightmare to try to accomplish.

3) You might be able to set up your Garmin so that it uses directly the power data from your Garmin pedals, and the CdA data from AeroPod. You can give that a try

4) Note that all of AeroPod's CdA and other information is available from Isaac. So, if you wish you can set up your Garmin bike computer to see your DFPM data on the bike, then view AeroPod data after the ride.

If you need a bit more time than the 30 days to check out everything just drop us an email at technicalsupport@velocomp.com and we will be glad to help.
John Hamann