Oops I did it again! (lost pairing)

ScottChapman

Oops I did it again! (lost pairing)

Post by ScottChapman »

So, I managed to loose pairing for my bike. Any way to recover or do I need to re-cal again?

For background I have two bikes, and two profiles. Been working like a champ on both. Been riding bike A all week.

But I switched wheels on Bike B and forgot to move the speed sensor with the new wheels. So basically I had no speed sensor. My mistake was that I thought the issue might have been because I had the new firmware installed and thought it might be requiring me to do a new cal ride. So... I started the pairing process. Guess what, it failed. At that point I realized my mistake.

So, I think the result is that the active profile was for bike A, and when I started the pairing process it basically clobbered the existing pairing in the profile for bike A.

I do have rides from last week that were properly paired with bike A, am I able to recover the profile from one of those, and save it to AP? Or do I just need to go out and re-cal?

Thanks in advance!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Oops I did it again! (lost pairing)

Post by Velocomp »

Do the following:

1. In Isaac open a ride file from bike A where you were getting good results.

2. Go to "Edit/Edit Profiles" and click on the "Extract from Ride File" button. This will get the good profile into Isaac

3. Connect your device to Isaac

4. Make sure your device is set to the profile for bike A

5. Click the "Send to Device" button. Your profile, with correct calibration and Wireless IDs, will be uploaded

After doing these steps you should be all set.
John Hamann
ScottChapman

Re: Oops I did it again! (lost pairing)

Post by ScottChapman »

Will do. I thought I had already extracted the profiles for the two bikes before, and I tried sending it back to the device without success.

Let me try that from a ride file I know is OK.

Thanks!

P.s. I have a feature request; basically only alter the profile once a successful cal ride has been completed? It seems like once you start the process the current profile is toast.Feel free to use my name for the feature! ;-)