How *Exactly* are you determing CdA from your tests?

refthimos

How *Exactly* are you determing CdA from your tests?

Post by refthimos »

As far as I can tell, the only straightforward way to review data from CdA tests is to click on "Tools-CdA Analysis," which brings up a graphic chart that includes CdA. To determine CdA for a given lap, I need to use my mouse and select the "lap" that I am interested in.

But this morning, I did a pretty straightforward test - 3 different helmets on an out and back section of road, twice. So 3x2x2=12 relevant laps. I use "lap" at the beginning and end of each test segment, cutting out the turnaround where I sit up and sometimes use the brakes.

First issue: Aeropod seems to have broken out this test into 3 different files, so instead of identifying my 12 test segment in one chart, now I have to look at them sequentially. Also have to see if any "laps" were broken up into different files. The testing (i.e. post-calibration) portion of the ride was only

Second issue: The only way I can see to check my CdA is to drag and visually/manually select the relevant laps.

Rather than a pretty chart, here is all I want for my CdA testing:

One file. I would like to see all my "laps" in one file as I can then more readily know what each lap represents. Second, all I need is a table (i.e. not a visual chart) that shows for each lap (with each lap being its own row):

Lap Number Time Distance Avg Power CdA

i.e. like this:

Lap Number Time Distance Avg Power CdA
1 5:40 2.01 220W 0.229
2 5:52 1.98 221W 0.232
[etc.]

If I have a chart like this, it's pretty easy for me to see the results for each of my laps (segments). If I use lap to cut out turnaround, that will show up with short laps (looking at my Garmin screen this morning, my turnarounds averaged about 20-24 seconds), and I know that the longer laps (both by time and distance) are my testing segments/laps.

Until then, it seems I need to eyeball the visual chart, eyeball the laps, drag my mouse, and then "stitch" together the results from three different files to make sure I know which lap corresponds to which segment (in my case this morning, which helmet).

Is there any reason Aeropod can't keep a 22mi testing session (over about 1:10 - I had helmet switching time in there) in one file? And wouldn't the chart outlined above be very easy for the Isaac software to produce?