Unexpected behavior at start of ride

BillOsler

Unexpected behavior at start of ride

Post by BillOsler »

I've noted a couple of things that may represent problems with the pairing/calibration process.
If I try to start the sensor pairing process while riding (ie: while actually moving) the Aeropod may pair successfully with the sensors but the subsequent behavior may not follow the expected sequence of flashing lights showing readiness to begin the calibration ride and subsequent changes after the button press to begin the calibration ride and the Aeropod may not show the expected progression of power from 0-50 then 50-70 and 70-100.
Once this unexpected behavior starts shutting the Aeropod down and beginning a new sensor pairing does not usually result in a successful calibration attempt. Instead the only way to calibrate the Aeropod successfully is to do a hard reset (~12 second button press).
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Unexpected behavior at start of ride

Post by Velocomp »

BillOsler wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:19 pm I've noted a couple of things that may represent problems with the pairing/calibration process.
If I try to start the sensor pairing process while riding (ie: while actually moving) the Aeropod may pair successfully with the sensors but the subsequent behavior may not follow the expected sequence of flashing lights showing readiness to begin the calibration ride and subsequent changes after the button press to begin the calibration ride and the Aeropod may not show the expected progression of power from 0-50 then 50-70 and 70-100.
Once this unexpected behavior starts shutting the Aeropod down and beginning a new sensor pairing does not usually result in a successful calibration attempt. Instead the only way to calibrate the Aeropod successfully is to do a hard reset (~12 second button press).
I haven't noticed this. Does this happen 100% of the time, or just sometimes?
John Hamann
BillOsler

Re: Unexpected behavior at start of ride

Post by BillOsler »

I'm not sure whether the first behavior (problems if I'm moving when I start the pairing) is 100% of the time ... but today it happened both times I tried, and I had to a hard reset after both. The second time I decided to stop for the whole paring process and things went as expected.
Regarding the second issue: The pairing process usually works as expected (if I'm stopped when I start the process) but whenever things have gone wrong for any reason I don't think I have ever been successful shutting down the Aeropod and re-starting the pairing process. I'm pretty sure that every time I have interrupted the calibration process for whatever reason (usually because the expected progression of reported power did not occur, occasionally because I forgot to zero my DFPM) I have had to do a hard reset.