sensor pairing cal ride clarification request

ted.kelly

sensor pairing cal ride clarification request

Post by ted.kelly »

After pairing sensors to the AeroPod, does one start the out and back cal ride immediately or does one ride to where one intends to do the out and back ride and hit the AeroPod button to start the cal ride process? I think I have experienced both behaviors from my AeroPod.
BillOsler

Re: sensor pairing cal ride clarification request

Post by BillOsler »

I cannot give an official answer but I have not had much luck starting the calibration ride immediately after pairing. My experience is that it works better to ride briefly until the indicator light starts flashing prior to pressing the button to start the out-and-back portion.
ted.kelly

Post by ted.kelly »

does your power reading hold at 0 until you press the button?
do you stop again after the light starts blinking before pressing the button?
does your power reading count up to 100 during the first portion of the cal ride and then drop back to 50 for the start of the second portion?

I am beginning to suspect there are two separate cal ride subroutines in the firmware, and that somehow I'm occasionally triggering one that isn't supposed to be there.
BillOsler

Post by BillOsler »

The reported power from the Aeropod stays at zero until I press the button to begin the out-and-back
I do not stop to press the button, I do it while riding
When power gets to 50 and I stop IIRC the Garmin shows 50 briefly and then it may drop to zero (not sure about that) and when I start back it briefly (a few seconds) shows some seemingly random power before going back to 50 or 51 and progressing up to 100 over several minutes as I ride.
However if I don't ride a bit before hitting the button to start the out-and-back I sometimes see very odd behavior. It's been a while but IIRC it would sometimes start at zero and then rapidly rise but the rise was not steady, it sometimes seemed to go back and forth between displaying the 0-100 values vs displaying the actual power.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

ted.kelly wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:22 pm After pairing sensors to the AeroPod, does one start the out and back cal ride immediately or does one ride to where one intends to do the out and back ride and hit the AeroPod button to start the cal ride process? I think I have experienced both behaviors from my AeroPod.
After pairing, when you ride for about 10 seconds the light will start flashing red/green. Continue riding (with the light flashing red/green) to the place where you want to start the calibration. When you reach that place, click the button one more time. The calibration will begin and the light will flash yellow. At the 50W mark the light will turn solid red. Slow down to a near standstill and turn around. The light will start flashing yellow again, and continue to do so until you reach the 100W mark.
John Hamann