Profile/calibration specifics

ted.kelly

Profile/calibration specifics

Post by ted.kelly »

I am interested in perfecting the profiles and calibration I use. To that end I would like to understand some of the details of AeroPod calibration and profile content, so I have some questions. Sorry if this stuff is documented someplace that I missed. If it is please point me in the right direction.

1) Does doing an out and back calibration ride change any of the parameters in a profile, and if yes which ones?

2) Are there calibration parameters stored in AeroPod that are not overwritten when I send a profile to the device (e.g. accelerometer cal)?

3) Is the content (set of parameters) of profiles created in the Issac profile editor, extracted from AeroPod, and extracted from a ride file the same?

4) What are the parameters in a profile, and what do they represent?

e.g looking at the profile edit dialogs "advanced" tab I find Cm, Tilt Cal, Riding Tilt, Aero, Wind Scaling, CdA, Fric, and Cal Weight.
on the "basic" tab there is rider weight, and bike+other weight, and total weight. Changing total weight doesn't seem to change cal weight.
I'm guessing "riding tilt" relates to the orientation of AeroPod sensors when the bike is on level ground, is that right?
Then what is "Tit Cal" and why is the value shown as ****?
I think I understand what CdA is and I'd guess wind scaling adjusts the delta pressure to wind speed calc, but that leaves me wondering what "Aero" is about.
Is "friction" wheel bearing losses? Is drive train (chain) efficiency in the profile someplace or hard coded in the algorithms or neglected or ....

5) to use the "analyze" menue tools to refine a profile does one:
use the tool
apply the change to alter the profile stored in the ride file
use the edit profile tool to extract the profile from the ride file
then use the edit profile tool to send the profile to the device