Problem initiating calibration ride

BillOsler

Problem initiating calibration ride

Post by BillOsler »

My Aeropod reports FW 7.06. I think it's using the most recent public beta but I'm not sure how to tell that for certain.
Yesterday I did some testing and things seemed to go more-or-less smoothly in that the Aeropod generated the expected ride files for a calibration followed by a ride.
Today I tried to do a bit more complex CdA testing but the Aeropod calibration never worked as expected. I went ahead and did my ride and the data in Isaac look OK but I don't know what went wrong with the calibration.
For the ride I warmed up for several minutes then turned the Aeropod on. I thought I saw the expected flashing lights showing device pairing but when I started the calibration ride by riding to a convenient starting point and then pressing the Aeropod button the power did not go through the expected 0-50, 50-70, 70-100 sequence. The 0-50 progression was faster than expected, and when I stopped and turned around the power went back to zero then rapidly increased and within a minute or two showed what looked like "real time" power. I stopped, turned the Aeropod off, initiated a new sensor pairing, repeated the process and noted the same results. I didn't try a third time. I went ahead with my testing protocol and hoped for the best.
Conditions were not ideal in that I have yet to find a time/place that meets all of the specifications for CdA testing (loop at least a mile long, preferably flat, low traffic, low wind). Today's tests were on a quarter mile track and there was a bit more wind than I would have liked. Maybe that's why Isaac's results for testing with a jersey and road helmet were more-or-less the same as testing with a skin suit and TT helmet. But Isaac could at least tell the difference between riding on the hoods vs drops vs extensions. But that's a digression.
I'm concerned that the calibration process failed. Twice. I've attached the two ride files that the Aeropod generated.
Attachments
iBike_03_24_2019_1048_17_Miles_HiDef.ibr
Second calibration attempt did not generate a separate file
(808.28 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
iBike_03_24_2019_1044_0_Miles_HiDef.ibr
First failed attempt to calibrate
(22.89 KiB) Downloaded 214 times