A little confused about multi-bike support

ScottChapman

A little confused about multi-bike support

Post by ScottChapman »

So, I've had my Aeropod since fall of last year. I originally paired it with my plan-B (lunch time ride) bike and worked great.

Then I moved it to my gavel bike (converted to my winter bike), paired with the speed sensor and calibrated for it.

Now, when I moved it back to my plan-B bike it did not appear to recognize the speed sensor on it. Basically when I turned it on it blinked green a couple of times, then just (appeared) to go off. It still looked cool, so I didn't tell anyone I wasn't getting any power numbers. ;-)

So, am I missing some step for switching bikes? Or might I have lost my original profile with my first bike? Any way to recover, or do I just need to re-pair and recalibrate? If so, how do I do so without loosing the profile for my gravel bike?

Thanks!
BillOsler

Re: A little confused about multi-bike support

Post by BillOsler »

Do you know which profile you are using for each bike? If not you should be able to determine from Isaac which profile(s) are set up on the Aeropod.
If you are using the Aeropod as a PM without a DFPM you should have a separate profile set up for each bike. I'm not 100% certain but as I understand it you will want to avoid profile 4 for that scenario since that profile is intended for CdA measurement when paired with a DFPM. Once that is done the Aeropod SHOULD automatically identify which bike you are riding.
ScottChapman

Post by ScottChapman »

No DFPM on their bike.

So, when one pairs to a new speed sensor, will it basically understand that the ANT+ ID is different and switch to a different profile?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

ScottChapman wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:34 pm No DFPM on their bike.

So, when one pairs to a new speed sensor, will it basically understand that the ANT+ ID is different and switch to a different profile?
When setting up a new bike, use a different profile. Pair your bike 2 sensors to the new profile and do a calibration. Your device will then be able to automatically tell bike 1 from bike 2.
John Hamann
ScottChapman

Post by ScottChapman »

Velocomp wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:25 pm When setting up a new bike, use a different profile. Pair your bike 2 sensors to the new profile and do a calibration. Your device will then be able to automatically tell bike 1 from bike 2.
I see, so I should switch profiles using Issac first? Is that the only place where I can do that?

I *think* I have saved my previous profile, am I able to load that into a different profile on the device?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You set up a new profile one time using Isaac. You then do a sensor scan with the new profile, followed by a calibration ride.

After that, AeroPod should switch automatically between profiles; using Isaac to switch profiles is not necessary.
John Hamann
ScottChapman

Post by ScottChapman »

Gotcha, thanks!
ScottChapman

Post by ScottChapman »

Velocomp wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:18 pm You set up a new profile one time using Isaac.
Does that just mean selecting a different (blank) active profile in Isaac? Or more than that?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

ScottChapman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:59 pm
Velocomp wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:18 pm You set up a new profile one time using Isaac.
Does that just mean selecting a different (blank) active profile in Isaac? Or more than that?
Yes, start with a blank profile.
John Hamann
istvan

Post by istvan »

Is this working same way with powerpod v2?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

istvan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:23 am Is this working same way with powerpod v2?
Yes
John Hamann