Isaac/PowerHouse/Weight -- feature request

kq6up

Isaac/PowerHouse/Weight -- feature request

Post by kq6up »

I am getting really good results after spending some time "nerding out" and being VERY careful about weight (average power deltas within 1/10th of a Watt from DFPM). I am using a known good scale (used at the Dr's office). It turns out that the best data comes from going very fast down a steady hill. That way aero data dominates heavily -- the caveat is that bike+rider weight has to be precisely known. Is it possible to configure the PowerHouse app to set weight? Also, the current version of Isaac only supports whole number weight. If CdA is being measured to 3 significant figures, it would be good to be able to have more precision in the weight part of the calibration. For example, if someone changed their hydration system or helmet, and their "test runway" is on a decline, and the weight has change was not significant enough to cause the weight to round up or down (by one pound) -- an error will be introduced. In that case, the difference between the hydration systems might not be detected or misread based on their different weights.

Also, constantly hooking up the AeroPod to the micro USB can cause wear and tear. It would be nice (and convenient) to adjust parameters via BTL (smartphone app).

Just my $.02

Thanks,
Chris Maness
BillOsler

Re: Isaac/PowerHouse/Weight -- feature request

Post by BillOsler »

I completely agree that the Powerhouse app needs more functionality ... but I'm not sure it will help all that much with the wear and tear on the USB connector since it's a good idea to charge the Aeropod prior to each use
kq6up

Re: Isaac/PowerHouse/Weight -- feature request

Post by kq6up »

That is true. It would be nice if it had an advanced mode where you can tweak ALL of the profile parameters. It would be very nice to be able to toggle trainer mode too.

Chris