Does incomplete calibration ride cause problems?

BillOsler

Does incomplete calibration ride cause problems?

Post by BillOsler »

I have considered a "workflow" to get around issues re: HRM pairing but I don't know if it would create other problems.
Would it be acceptable to pair the bike sensors with the aeropod sometime prior to riding, at a time when no HRM is active, and then return later (potentially a lot later) to begin the actual calibration process?
Example: I typically get the bike ready then leave it outside for a while to reach ambient temperature and during that time I get dressed for my ride and potentially do other things. If I get distracted it may be an hour or more before I actually get on the bike. I could imagine getting the bike ready to ride the night before, though I wouldn't leave it outside in that case.
If I pair the sensors and then do not ride I don't know whether the Aeropod would shut down during the interim or whether it would still be in a ready-to-calibrate state when I actually start to ride.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Does incomplete calibration ride cause problems?

Post by Velocomp »

BillOsler wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:26 am I have considered a "workflow" to get around issues re: HRM pairing but I don't know if it would create other problems.
Would it be acceptable to pair the bike sensors with the aeropod sometime prior to riding, at a time when no HRM is active, and then return later (potentially a lot later) to begin the actual calibration process?
Example: I typically get the bike ready then leave it outside for a while to reach ambient temperature and during that time I get dressed for my ride and potentially do other things. If I get distracted it may be an hour or more before I actually get on the bike. I could imagine getting the bike ready to ride the night before, though I wouldn't leave it outside in that case.
If I pair the sensors and then do not ride I don't know whether the Aeropod would shut down during the interim or whether it would still be in a ready-to-calibrate state when I actually start to ride.
1) You can pair AP to sensors whenever you want. After pairing AP will be "primed" for a cal ride (solid Yellow), but you don't have to start the cal ride immediately.

2) When ready for a cal ride AP will show solid yellow. If AP goes to sleep, then reawaken all your sensors, THEN reawaken AP. After a few seconds its light should show solid Yellow...ready for cal ride.

3) When you're ready to actually do the cal ride, get on your bike and ride for a few seconds. AP light will change to flashing red/green. At the starting point of your cal ride, click the button one time; AP will change to flashing yellow, indicating that cal ride measurements have begun

4) If you get to the "flashing red/green" light, and then decide to not proceed with the actual cal ride, click the button one time (to start the actual cal ride), then press-hold the button for 4 seconds, until the light turns solid yellow. The press-hold aborts the cal ride, and re-primes AP for a new cal ride.
John Hamann
trpnhntr

Re: Does incomplete calibration ride cause problems?

Post by trpnhntr »

Velocomp wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:19 am4) If you get to the "flashing red/green" light, and then decide to not proceed with the actual cal ride, click the button one time (to start the actual cal ride), then press-hold the button for 4 seconds, until the light turns solid yellow. The press-hold aborts the cal ride, and re-primes AP for a new cal ride.
Geez I wish I'd known this