First ride problems and questions

trpnhntr

First ride problems and questions

Post by trpnhntr »

Today I tried my first ride with the Aeropod and had a few problems - both on the ride with the calibration procedure and now that I have the device back home with retrieving the data.

First - my calibration experience.

I had previously paired the AeroPod with my speed sensor and my DFPM (and confirmed as much by plugging the AeroPod into my computer and confirming the IDs were populated in my profile.

When I went to ride I did the following:

1) Did a short spin around the block to wake up the speed sensor and power meter
2) Powered on the AeroPod - it showed a constant yellow light (confirmed by my non-color blind friend)
3) Swapped my Garmin over so it was receiving data from the AeroPod and not my DFPM
4) At this point I was not moving - per the calibration instructions I believe I was at step 2 - which says that after riding a few seconds AeroPod will flash red/green.

This never happened.

I rode around for a few minutes waiting for the red/green flash. After a few seconds I noticed that my Garmin (which I had open to the AeroPod screen showing power as well as the four AeroPod data fields) that watts were slowly climbing from 0 - the AeroPod was still showing a constant yellow.

I continued riding waiting for the colors to change - they did not. The reported watts continued to climb until reaching 100 at which point the constant yellow disappeared and I was seeing power data from my DFPM as well as some data fields populated on the Garmin (basically everything except seconds gained was reporting ok).

Ok...I must've screwed something up. I pulled over, repaired everything, and tried again. I had the exact same scenario - the device would not start flashing red/green and thus I couldn't proceed with the calibration procedure.

By this time my friends were getting a bit anxious to start the ride so I ran through the whole 0-100W thing (again with the constant yellow the whole time) and we just rode - again with just those three data fields populating for the entirety of the ride

I figured - fine I'll get some data to look at and can resolve the calibration issue before next ride.

I rode the whole ride and saw the CdA values change throughout (lots of garbage data as it was a group ride, but that's besides the point). I got home, completed the ride and uploaded the normal files in the normal manner.

Next up I plug the AeroPod into my laptop to see what data I have and when I attempt to download ride data in Isaac it says I have no ride files found.

I'm at a bit of a loss on this one - it's my first ride with the device so I've never successfully pulled a ride file from the device before so I may be missing something painfully obvious. I can successfully pull profile data so it is connected (I assume) but it seems to have recorded zero data on the AeroPod itself. Did I miss a step with starting the ride on the AeroPod - I sort of assumed it was recording since it was showing me the values but other than clicking the button periodically to make sure it still showed me a green response I didn't do much else with the AeroPod during the ride.

So...help! What am I doing wrong?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: First ride problems and questions

Post by Velocomp »

I apologize...I just saw your post this morning.

Did you get this going or do you still require assistance?
John Hamann