How do I tell if i have correctly paired my DFPM and Speed Sensor?

trpnhntr

How do I tell if i have correctly paired my DFPM and Speed Sensor?

Post by trpnhntr »

I've just received an Aeropod and am in the midst of setting it up and have just completed the pairing procedure by following these steps:

Woke up speed sensor (wahoo speed sensor, spun the wheel)
Woke up DFPM (Powertap P1 pedals, spun each pedal)
Pressed and held the button on the AeroPod for four seconds
Aeropod started blinking green
I periodically spun both the wheel and the pedals while the aeropod was blinking green on the ground
After about 25-30 seconds of green blinking the color on the light changed and blinked 3 times with another color, then went back to a solid green and then turned off

Per the Status Light PDF 3 flashes of yellow would indicate the DFPM was paired and then a solid green would indicate the speed sensor was paired and that pairing was complete

My problem is that I am colorblind - so while I can tell that the original green has changed (the three blinks after 25-30 seconds are definitely different) but I cannot tell what color they are.

Is there a way to tell if I have correctly paired both the DFPM and Speed Sensor short of going for a ride? When I single press the power button now it shows a solid color that I'm fairly certain is either red or yellow - but I can't be certain

Thanks in advance for your help! Really looking forward to playing around with this!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: How do I tell if i have correctly paired my DFPM and Speed Sensor?

Post by Velocomp »

Thank you for being so clear--and honest!--about your situation.

Here's what you can do to check things:

1) Connect AP to Isaac

2) Go to Edit/Edit Profiles

3) Click the "Extract from Device" button. This will transfer the contents of your AP profile to Isaac

4) Click the "Wireless ID" tab.

5) Look at the IDs. You should see non-zero numbers in the speed sensor and DFPM IDs. This will indicate successful pairing.

6) In the "Advanced" tab, you should see "empty" in the tilt cal window. This indicates that AP is ready for a cal ride.

It does sound like you've done everything correctly, but the above steps will confirm it.

Wake up your sensors, then click the AP button. When it has paired it will show a solid color (yellow).

Start riding; after a few seconds it will flash (red/green...I know, that is difficult for you to see, sorry!).

Click the button one time; the flashing red/green will change to flashing yellow. Watts on your bike computer will rise slowly to 50--at that point the flashing yellow will change to solid red and the watts will remain "stuck" at 50. Slow down and stop. The light will start flashing again (yellow), and watts will slowly increase to 100.

When watts are 100 all the flashing will stop--your AP is calibrated!
John Hamann
trpnhntr

Re: How do I tell if i have correctly paired my DFPM and Speed Sensor?

Post by trpnhntr »

Velocomp wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:12 pm5) Look at the IDs. You should see non-zero numbers in the speed sensor and DFPM IDs. This will indicate successful pairing.

6) In the "Advanced" tab, you should see "empty" in the tilt cal window. This indicates that AP is ready for a cal ride.
Confirmed all of these settings in Isaac exactly as you described (both power and speed have a value) . Guess I'm all set to go for a ride as soon as I figure out a way to mount this thing on my TT bike, thank you for your quick and helpful reply!