Checking calibration

BillOsler

Checking calibration

Post by BillOsler »

I discovered something that leaves me uncertain what to think about the "check calibration" option in Isaac.
I rode some laps at a local track. I'm told that they were probably not optimum for either calibration or CdA but while fiddling with the data I discovered something unexpected.
I am aware that the Check Calibration choice in Isaac can examine ride data and see how well it fits with the calibration information from the bike profile.
I assumed(perhaps incorrectly) that if I did a calibration check while only a portion of the ride is selected the check would analyze only the selected data and yet, regardless of the selection I make, the calibration check returns identical results.
Does this mean that the calibration check always uses the entire ride file?
Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Checking calibration

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, the Check Calibration feature uses the entire ride.
John Hamann
BillOsler

Post by BillOsler »

I guess that's something else for the "wish list". I have a fair number of routes that contain portions suitable for a calibration check but not many entire routes that would work well. I can always dissect the ride file and retrieve the relevant portions but looking at the "current selection" would be much easier.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Isaac does look, automatically, for sections of a ride where out-and-back calibration criteria are met. Occasionally I will see these in my own riding.
John Hamann