Riding time when pairing and power smoothing

roadrunner

Riding time when pairing and power smoothing

Post by roadrunner »

I've had 2 rides with the aeropod as of yet and loving the technology and finding myself doing "just another run" because I want to get more cda data :D

Some small questions that have arrived:
1) In the pairing guide it sais that you should ride out 3mins until watt shows 50, then stop and go back for another 3min until 70w. For me, it takes a lot less then 3min to go 0-50w and 50-70w. I'm guessing that it's the wattnumbers I should go for? Is the time it takes not so important?

2) When I have the power meter connected via the aeropod, there seems to be a quite large smoothing of the power transmitted to my garmin. (as if there is smoothing being performed in the aeropod) I usually have 3s smoothing on my Garmin. Is there any way to change the smoothing in the aeropod?

3) Cda-numbers shown on the garmin when I ride versus shown in Isaac, is there a difference? Seems to be more delay (and/or smoothing) and outliers in the figures I see on my garmin vs. in Isaac.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Riding time when pairing and power smoothing

Post by Velocomp »

1) The amount of time it takes for the cal ride depends on how fast you're riding. It's OK if it takes less time; that just means you are faster than most... :lol:

2) Hmm...I am not aware of any extra smoothing we are doing in AP, but you can try the following

A. connect AP to Isaac
B. Go to Edit/Edit Profiles
C. Click "Extract from Device". This will get the profile currently used in your AP
D. Click the "Advanced" tab.
E. For Device Power Smoothing, select "0 sec". If AP is doing any smoothing, this will eliminate it

3) The numbers shown on your Garmin are identical to those recorded in the HR channel of the ride file (assuming you have not paired a HR strap to AP).
John Hamann