Instructions on how to merge data types

EHB

Instructions on how to merge data types

Post by EHB »

I actually mainly do this with swimming but can see no reason it wouldn’t work with cycling (I merge GPS/pace/stroke rate from a Platysens Marlin with HR data from a Wahoo Tickr X that has a memory).

Powerhouse App syncs to Strava with no HR data, although it should have Bluetooth HR as even rubbish free apps have that, so this is how to correct that.

1) download and install developers preview of the free open source software Golden Cheetah (the developer version currently syncs with strava, but will be in future releases too).
2) setup Strava Sync in Golden Cheetah
3) send the powerhouse ride to Strava from App
4) send your alternative source data to strava

both will now appear in Golden Cheetah. You may need to manually synchronise activities if Golden Cheetah Application is not newly opened. On a Mac it is under ‘share’

Select activity 1 and (On a Mac) under Activity is ‘combine activities’. Follow the instructions and select activity 2. I use ‘align using start time’ to align them as both my devices use my phone’s time, but you can adjust it if you want and anyway there are other options.

That’s it. You can export it as a FIT file and I’m pretty sure Isaac can merge with that file if you want to get the GPS data into Isaac.

Could also be useful if you forget to start both phone apps.
DavidTriska

Re: Instructions on how to merge data types

Post by DavidTriska »

You can indeed merge .fit

I use that to get GPS data.