profile transfer from Newton

EHB

profile transfer from Newton

Post by EHB »

if i already have a profile set in Isaac for my Newton+ how do i get it on the aeropod under a different profile number?

Newton+ profiles
1) TT bike with rubbish wheels
2) TT bike with good wheels
3) Fixed Wheel
4) Old bike with panniers

I mainly ride the Fixed Wheel, so it makes sense to put that in 1 and move the TT to 4. Looking at the edit profiles section it looks like I adjust the name of a profile to "Prof# No." and then "send to device"? Then I just re-pair the ANT+ sensors and that forces a calibration ride?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: profile transfer from Newton

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, that will work

1) Select the profile you want to move in Edit/Edit Profiles

2) Connect AP to Isaac

3) Use the "set active profile in device" to where you want to move the profile.

4) Click the "Send to Device" button

5) Do a new sensor pairing on AP. This will force it into O&B calibration

You're all set!
John Hamann
EHB

Post by EHB »

I did this, but possibly made it complicated.

I managed to get some time before sunset to ride in the local park on a road. The city is full of traffic and it is otherwise impossible not to draft.

I followed the instructions completely up till the pairing. At that point I turned it on and connected the Powerhouse App. It made me send a profile, but luckily I remembered the numbers and sent them to same profile (1).In the sensors section there was a section on pairing sensors, so i clicked on that, which crashed the app. Repeat and crash again. Tried normal way with long press. Unfortunately I'm colour blind so not certain colours. I think it would go intermittent green, but then alternate between two colours.

I could confirm my S&C, its power and HR were on as my 4iiii Sportiiii headset would work. Power never went over 0 though. I think maybe it couldn't see the S&C sensor. The bike is a steel frame. S&C above left chain stay on same side as AP.

I've now reset all 4 profiles on device & checked the firmware is up to date. Now pretending it is brand new and have set up a new profile using the "set up device" option. I'm now on the "Great, now your Device is ready for a cal ride on your bike!" page with a flashing device and will complete it tomorrow or tonight if I'm awake late enough the traffic is dead.

I don't know quite why that didn't work. I suspect it was the App crash when i asked it to look for sensors and after that it was stuck being odd. it's an iPhone 6s running the latest OS and with the latest App.
EHB

Post by EHB »

I switched to using a Suunto Ambit 2S for display. Need to change setting so light stays on though.

The first time out i saw it go up to 2W, but then i got the alternating colours. So, i replaced battery in SC and moved a Wahoo Speed Sensor. I think it may have worked, although my previously paired watch couldn't see it. I just went by the lights. Unfortunately, i think it is the Wahoo that paired, so no cadence or powerstroke. I'm going to try again with out the Wahoo tomorrow.

I did a very short ride to check it seems okay for current sensors
example wahoo speed.ibr
(53.48 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
EHB

Post by EHB »

the weird bit at the end is me carrying the bike to the workshop I think.
EHB

Post by EHB »

I think if may now be sorted. I found an old iBike dual sensor I never installed. Possibly complete coincidence, but I think I did it over lunch. The old sensor was an old Wahoo from 8yrs ago that worked on Newton, Suunto Ambit 2S, 4iiii Sportiiii etc. I performed the test without even the phone in my pocket.

My first impression was ‘damn it is short now’. I accidentally fully did the first bit cycling to the park and had to restart it there. That is a big improvement on the Newton calibration ride, which took some effort to find a route. No idea what all the LEDs did.

The only thing I need to do now is pair the new Power Meter with my shimano camera as the cm2000 can be triggered by power and I can cycle to the pool this evening. I suppose I should also find out why my watch forced 3s averaging on me, but probably won’t have time by this evening. Seems pointless having two devices smoothing power.