AeroPod is now shipping!

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

AeroPod is now shipping!

Post by Velocomp »

If you pre-ordered an AeroPod, it has shipped.

We now have them available for immediate shipment, as well!
John Hamann
EHB

Re: AeroPod is now shipping!

Post by EHB »

Please don’t ship to the U.K. using UPS anymore. Not only are the admin fees higher for the import taxes, but they are completely useless.

Their website let me change to ‘access point’ because I was due to be out, but they tried to deliver it to a house they knew I wasn’t at and left an unintelligible card.

Now the tracking says they will redeliver in three days time because it isn’t ‘suitable’ for ‘access point’, but (I think) the card says it is at an access point from 17:30, so I have no idea where it is.

Now I’m going to have to waste my time phoning them.
EHB

Post by EHB »

And their phone number is completely automated, so it just repeats what the website says. UPS really suck.
EHB

Post by EHB »

And the webform for e-mails limits digits so I can even ask them that way.

If you have access to their complaints department please ask:
1) if the package is not suitable for Access Point collection why did their website let me do it?
2) if I had already told them I wasn’t here why did they try and deliver it anyway?
3) why leave a card saying it can be collected from an access point described by just a postcode and a two digit number?
4) why, if you later realise it can’t be collected from an access point, didn’t they leave a second card correcting the information?
5) why do you not give lessons in handwriting to drivers with this bad writing?

I’m used to delivery companies being ropey, but UPS really take the biscuit.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Thanks for your feedback. Normally UPS is pretty good, but your experience sounds awful.
John Hamann
EHB

Post by EHB »

i guess delivery companies are one of the things that vary between countries.

there is one called Yodel here. i don't know if they exist abroad, but it is usually just a guy in a beat up old car. I used to think they were worst.

anyway, i got a different e-mail update from them. This gave the address of the delivery shop, but no postcode. They did however both have the same two digit number on them, so I took the risk and wondered there after the time on the card. Luckily it was there behind an entire freezer containing whole chickens and is charging now. Quite why they sent me an e-mail saying it was arriving on monday and the delivery driver didn't write the pickup address on the card I don't know. Also there were these 3 circles with strikes through them on the card: I have no idea what those were.