Re: Comprehensive Instructions for AeroPod

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

AeroPod is a very sophisticated device, and so there are many instructions to help you get the most out of it.

AEROPOD OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS UPDATED 02/09/23 WITH MINIMUM DISTANCE REQUIREMENT (0.5 MI) FOR PROFLE 4 AERO TESTS.

Getting Started: AeroPod Setup and Calibration

1. Video: Tom Gore explaining AeroPod setup and calibration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FgxO-BvUPs

2. Video: How to attach AeroPod underbar mount to a TT bike: https://youtu.be/wy1D3UUKkqo

3. Video: AeroPod setup and calibration https://youtu.be/198XSnl6gnA

4. Basic Setup:
Aeropod_Basic_Setup.pdf
AeroPod Basic Setup Instructions
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 2176 times
5. How to attach AeroPod to bike (mounting alternatives)
AeroPod mounting050522.pdf
(7.62 MiB) Downloaded 187 times
6. Calibration procedure:
AeroPod Calibration Procedure070919.pdf
(673.33 KiB) Downloaded 1680 times

Installing and using Isaac software

1. Isaac software Installation:
Isaac SW Installation022620.pdf
(231.49 KiB) Downloaded 649 times
2. Isaac software usage: https://bit.ly/3H3iXLe

Installing and using AeroPod CdA ConnectIQ app for Garmin devices
AeroPod_CdA_app_072220.pdf
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 690 times

How to use AeroPod for CdA measurement

Detailed instructions:
AeroPod_Operating Inst020923_index.pdf
(5.32 MiB) Downloaded 151 times

Other AeroPod features

1. GPS Tracker:
GPS Tracker Instructions100818_red.pdf
(459.86 KiB) Downloaded 876 times
2. Using AeroPod as a stand-alone power meter:
AeroPod_Power_122822.pdf
(2.76 MiB) Downloaded 113 times
3. PowerStroke pedal analysis:
PowerStrokeInstructions122822.pdf
(4.05 MiB) Downloaded 87 times

Troubleshooting

1. AeroPod Status Light table:
PP-AP STATUS LIGHT103118.pdf
(73.04 KiB) Downloaded 2661 times
2. Tips and Troubleshooting:
AeroPod_TIPS_TROUBLESHOOTING111618.pdf
(468.55 KiB) Downloaded 1039 times
3. Warranty:
Warranty081519.pdf
(123.88 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
John Hamann
EHB

Post by EHB »

Velocomp wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:42 pm
EHB wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:42 am
1) Does the phone have capability to connect to Bluetooth Heart Rate monitors and if a Garmin device is connected to a HRM, will it’s file (in the future)contain both CdA and HR data simultaneously?

2) I guess a subquestion is if I record HR data using a HRM with a memory or another separate device can the data be imported and merged into Isaac?

Thanks!
1) What phone are you referring to?

2) If you record HR data on the Garmin, then it's possible to merge HR data into Isaac. However, when you do this merge, the CdA data from your ride file will be overwritten.
Apologies for the slow response, I forgot where I’d asked. The phone is an iPhone 6S running the latest OS.

Incidentally, I think you mentioned somewhere Golden Cheetah and needing to program it. In the latest version you can actually adjust data personally without programming. Haven’t use it much myself, but I’ve seen screenshots. Looked about as complex as doing a macro in Microsoft excel.user guide is terrible though. I assume it is there somewhere.
EHB

Post by EHB »

From their website:

“From version 3.4 it has been possible for the user to write their own metrics using data filters, as of version 3.5 it is now possible to use Python and R scripts to perform computations as well” - so they should be shareable!
EHB

Post by EHB »

Incidentally the development build Of GC syncs to Strava. If you got your software to sync to Strava too there would be an indirect automatic route for people.
BillOsler

Post by BillOsler »

Velocomp wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:57 am
4) Golden Cheetah is an open-source application. I am sure some enterprising programmer can take AeroPod HR data, multiply it by 4, then divide by 1000, to get CdA.
That means the CdA data in the HR field is rounded to the nearest 0.004. Is that the limit of the precision of the estimate? Or is the rounding an artifact of the limitations of the HR data field?
I'm hoping that once you have the ability to write CdA to a FIT file you will be able to generate more precise data than 0.004 but I don't know what the limits of the technique might be.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

HR/CdA value recorded in the ride file includes a rounding of the HR field to the nearest whole number.

Note that CdA is measured over a period of a few minutes, and that Average HR (i.e. average CdA) is calculated to the nearest 1/10. This improves the HR resolution to 0.002...

As an alternative, open the ride file in Isaac, then use the "Tools/CdA analysis..." feature to determine CdA. This feature works with the raw data in the ride file, not the HR data.
John Hamann
BillOsler

Post by BillOsler »

Velocomp wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:12 am As an alternative, open the ride file in Isaac, then use the "Tools/CdA analysis..." feature to determine CdA. This feature works with the raw data in the ride file, not the HR data.
Thanks. That's a viable option for now ... but long term I'd MUCH rather do all of my analysis in WKO4 ... preferably using a "developer" data field instead of the HR channel.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Agreed. There is a lot to do...
John Hamann
airmaxi

Post by airmaxi »

Hi! Wanted to update the Firmware to 7.06. In Isaac it says i have the newest Version (7.03) when I check for online Firmware update.
Any Idea?
It also states that I have the most recent Isaac Version, 4.1.1.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Please email technicalsupport@velocomp.com

Tom will get you the most recent FW.
John Hamann
WilsonT

Post by WilsonT »

I'm reading through the latest instructions about the aero testing for profile 4 (page 16/39 on the pdf), and I'm a bit unclear about 9): it says click the lap button at the end of the test for out-and-back testing. Would it be a problem if we're doing an out-and-back with a u-turn (where we have to brake and turn around and re-accelerate)?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

WilsonT wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:38 am I'm reading through the latest instructions about the aero testing for profile 4 (page 16/39 on the pdf), and I'm a bit unclear about 9): it says click the lap button at the end of the test for out-and-back testing. Would it be a problem if we're doing an out-and-back with a u-turn (where we have to brake and turn around and re-accelerate)?

If doing an out-back test with a u turn at the midpoint, click the lap button at the start of the test, do NOT click at the u-turn point, then click the lap button at the end of the test.
John Hamann