AeroPod ANT+ Compatible Computers (Garmin Edge 810?)

Carcinogent

AeroPod ANT+ Compatible Computers (Garmin Edge 810?)

Post by Carcinogent »

Just to confirm is *any* ANT+ computer compatible with the AeroPod or only Gamirn IQ and Lezyne ones as per the product description?

Is there a list of what is compatible in general and in particular is the Garmin Edge 810 compatible?

Thanks!

P.S. I have been going through the various lenghty and detailed discussions on Timetrialing forum/slowtwitch etc. and I have to say I am impressed! If i don't have to invest couple hundred to change/upgrade every gadget I own (I already will need a speed sensor, though those are cheap, albeit ugly) I will be definitely be eager to be an early adopter.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: AeroPod ANT+ Compatible Computers (Garmin Edge 810?)

Post by Velocomp »

AeroPod CdA data (CdA, Wind speed, hill slope, and Time Advantage) can be displayed on a Garmin Connect-IQ Device (that is, a Garmin device that works with Connect-IQ apps).

Here is a link that shows all Connect-IQ devices:

https://developer.garmin.com/connect-iq ... e-devices/

The Garmin 810 is not a Connect-IQ device.

Another (very cool) way to display AeroPod CdA data is the Everysight Raptor glasses:

https://everysight.com

Note that any ANT+ computer, from any manufacturer, will display AeroPod power data.
John Hamann
Carcinogent

Post by Carcinogent »

Thanks for the quick reply. I am a bit confused so to clarify...

If I understand correctly:
To *display* on your ANT+ computer (while you ride), CdA related data you will need an IQ device.

However to *record and analyze* Cda post ride what is required?

I guess I am not fully grasping what is paired with what and what is sending data where...

So if one has a Quarq PM, ANT+ Bike computer and an Aeropod what is the sequence of making the setup work and record data?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

1) AeroPod CdA data is recorded in AeroPod ride file

2) AeroPod CdA data is displayed live in Connect-IQ Garmin devices

3) AeroPod CdA data is analyzed, post-ride, in Isaac software, included with AeroPod
John Hamann
Carcinogent

Post by Carcinogent »

Excellent thanks for the clarification!
TuRu00

Post by TuRu00 »

Hello! Does Isaac write cda and time advantage data to auto export-CSV files? I am very interested in post analysis on Golden Cheetah.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

TuRu00 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:17 am Hello! Does Isaac write cda and time advantage data to auto export-CSV files? I am very interested in post analysis on Golden Cheetah.

sorry, but no.
John Hamann