NEW: Comprehensive Instructions for AeroPod 2

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

NEW: Comprehensive Instructions for AeroPod 2

Post by Velocomp »

AeroPod2 is a new product, marrying the proven sensor design of the AeroPod with new Firmware10 as its computational "engine", and new Velocomp Aero app for Mac/PC that provides simpler, more accurate, and more consistent CdA measurements.

NOTE: any existing AeroPod owner can upgrade their AeroPod (for free) to AeroPod2 simply by downloading the Velocomp Aero app and installing FW10.

Here is a complete list of instructions and guides to help you get the most out of AeroPod 2

Getting Started: AeroPod Setup and Calibration

1. Video: Tom Gore explaining AeroPod setup and calibration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FgxO-BvUPs

2. Video: How to attach AeroPod underbar mount to a TT bike: https://youtu.be/wy1D3UUKkqo

3. Video: AeroPod setup and calibration https://youtu.be/198XSnl6gnA

4. Basic Setup:
Aeropod_Basic_Setup.pdf
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
5. How to attach AeroPod to bike (mounting alternatives)
AeroPod mounting050522.pdf
(7.62 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
6. Calibration procedure:
AeroPod Calibration ProcedureFW10_051624.pdf
(2.17 MiB) Downloaded 71 times

Installing and using Velocomp Aero software

1. Velocomp Aero Mac software: http://www.velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=6031

2. Velocomp Aero Windows software: http://www.velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=6030

3. Velocomp Aero software usage: http://www.velocompforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=6032

Installing and using AeroPod2.0 ConnectIQ app for Garmin devices
AeroPod2.0_051024.pdf
(6.38 MiB) Downloaded 80 times

How to use AeroPod2 for CdA measurement

Detailed instructions:

AeroPod_Operating Inst052924_index.pdf
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
Other AeroPod features

1. GPS Tracker:
GPS Tracker Instructions081220.pdf
(13.27 MiB) Downloaded 48 times
2. Using AeroPod2 as a stand-alone power meter:
AeroPod_Power_052924_RED.pdf
(420.48 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Troubleshooting

1. AeroPod Status Light table:
PP-AP STATUS LIGHT103118.pdf
(73.04 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
2. Tips and Troubleshooting:
AeroPod_TIPS_TROUBLESHOOTING111618.pdf
(468.55 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
3. Warranty:
Warranty081519.pdf
(123.88 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
John Hamann
Jesper

Re: NEW: Comprehensive Instructions for AeroPod 2

Post by Jesper »

Looking forward to try it out!
How do I get the new FW10? Isaac says that my FW9.02 is the most recent firmware.
Is it mandatory to switch to the new Velocomp Aero software?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Jesper wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:28 pm Looking forward to try it out!
How do I get the new FW10? Isaac says that my FW9.02 is the most recent firmware.
Is it mandatory to switch to the new Velocomp Aero software?
Yes, FW10 is available through VA software only. You can still use Isaac with FW10 if you wish, however.
John Hamann
Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky »

Hi
I have manged to get VA working on my machine with version 0.0.31 however it immediately downloads and installs version 0.0.32 which appears to have a fault, so when I start it up I get a spinning wait cursor for a few seconds, it returns to normal and VA 0.0.32 fails to start.

I have had a look in the event view and installation location for any obvious logs and there is nothing that I can see to help diagnose the issue further. This was on an up to date windows 11 machine. I have also tried under windows 10 on another system (both run Isaac with no issues).

So I'm stuck in a forced upgrade loop that I cant get out of as the only way to get going again is to install 0.0.31.
Many thanks for your help.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Jabberwocky wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:32 am Hi
I have manged to get VA working on my machine with version 0.0.31 however it immediately downloads and installs version 0.0.32 which appears to have a fault, so when I start it up I get a spinning wait cursor for a few seconds, it returns to normal and VA 0.0.32 fails to start.

I have had a look in the event view and installation location for any obvious logs and there is nothing that I can see to help diagnose the issue further. This was on an up to date windows 11 machine. I have also tried under windows 10 on another system (both run Isaac with no issues).

So I'm stuck in a forced upgrade loop that I cant get out of as the only way to get going again is to install 0.0.31.
Many thanks for your help.
I have forwarded your post to our developer (who is on vacation this week). Hopefully he will respond soon.

In the mean time, a possible workaround for you would be to uninstall VA, then do a new install.
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

The update to 0.32 ran just fine on my Mac.

Tom
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

lorduintah wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:27 pm The update to 0.32 ran just fine on my Mac.

Tom
The problem is on the Windows side...we are looking into it now.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Velocomp wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:39 pm
lorduintah wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:27 pm The update to 0.32 ran just fine on my Mac.

Tom
The problem is on the Windows side...we are looking into it now.
Update 0.33 is now available...should work on Windows side too.
John Hamann
Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky »

I've just tried it on my windows 11 machine and it restarted and all looked fine, but subsequently restarting it, allows it to start up, but instead of getting a window I just get a taskbar icon, clicking on that you get the mini preview window but no way to restore the window to see it's contents. All you can do is close the app.

I've attached a screen grab of a that area of the taskbar so you can see what I mean
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-07-01 222256.png
Screenshot 2024-07-01 222256.png (64.65 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Jabberwocky wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:28 pm I've just tried it on my windows 11 machine and it restarted and all looked fine, but subsequently restarting it, allows it to start up, but instead of getting a window I just get a taskbar icon, clicking on that you get the mini preview window but no way to restore the window to see it's contents. All you can do is close the app.

I've attached a screen grab of a that area of the taskbar so you can see what I mean
We will investigate...
John Hamann
markw65

Post by markw65 »

Jabberwocky wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:28 pm I've just tried it on my windows 11 machine and it restarted and all looked fine, but subsequently restarting it, allows it to start up, but instead of getting a window I just get a taskbar icon, clicking on that you get the mini preview window but no way to restore the window to see it's contents. All you can do is close the app.

A few things to try:
  • What appears in the context menu if you right click on the taskbar icon?
  • What appears in the context menu if you right click on the mini preview window?
  • Does V.Aero appear in the rotation when you press Alt-Tab? If so, what happens if you switch to it that way?
If none of that helps, you can try deleting the settings file. It lives at "$Env:APPDATA\Velocomp Aero\iBike 3 v22.settings". From PowerShell you can delete it via:

Code: Select all

rm "$Env:APPDATA\Velocomp Aero\iBike 3 v22.settings"
You will, of course, lose any settings you may have configured.
Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky »

removing the settings file did the trick
repeated re-starts have been fine too
many thanks