I think the wind sensor died on my century ride

Post Reply
kq6up
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:58 pm

I think the wind sensor died on my century ride

Post by kq6up » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:58 am

Everything looks good for the first 20ish miles, then you can see it goes to heck. I was windy (but not 35mph), and there were many places where made 180deg turns on the course and should have been seeing head/tailwind shifts (gps data is merged in the ride file). Have a look.
iBike_02_09_2019_0634_102_Miles_HiDef.ibr
(3.38 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Thanks,
Chris Maness

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO
Posts: 5747
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:43 am

Re: I think the wind sensor died on my century ride

Post by Velocomp » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:09 am

It looks like your wind port became clogged. Were you riding in any rain or mist?

Check to be sure the wind port is clear.
John Hamann

kq6up
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:58 pm

Re: I think the wind sensor died on my century ride

Post by kq6up » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:44 am

I checked at the end (after I saw my data that is what I suspected), and it was clear. It is possible some water dribbled into the port when I refilled my hydration system at the first SAG. That is about where the SAG stop was. However, would it do that for the whole 100mile ride? You think it would dry out at some point. I will watch it on my recovery ride (that means I have to do a recovery ride on a TT bike -- not fun :? )

Also, could there still be water were the tube enters the AP body? If so, what is the best way to make sure it is clear?

Thanks,
Chris Maness

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO
Posts: 5747
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:43 am

Re: I think the wind sensor died on my century ride

Post by Velocomp » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:17 am

Remove the pitot tube and blow out the wind port opening and tube. You should be OK afterwards.
John Hamann

kq6up
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:58 pm

Re: I think the wind sensor died on my century ride

Post by kq6up » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:35 pm

Went out for a ride, and wind delta was reading zero both directions. I measured the wind with my Kestrel at 1.5mph. Trees were visible moving in this short little ride. Connected it to Isaac, and there was no file there. I had not messed with anything yesterday after the ride. I simply downloaded the .ibr file. I think there is a bug to squash related to the no ride file problem. My PP does that sometimes too. I found that turning trainer mode on/off fixes it. I did that, but it started to rain and I need a dry petot for my test.

Regards,
Chris Maness

Post Reply