Powerhouse and 29er

Rembert

Powerhouse and 29er

Post by Rembert »

I am currently on a trip through the Alps with no access to computer with Isaac. My pp somehow got jerkey and I need to dial in a new profile. Now I would take the powerhouse app Dial in some basic. Only there is no drop down for 29er wheels circumference (despite the fact that I can choose a bike profile that says 29mtb). What am I to do?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerhouse and 29er

Post by Velocomp »

You can use your existing profile and do a new cal ride, by re-pairing your sensors to your PP. The circumference/weight/etc settings will be unchanged.
John Hamann
Rembert

Post by Rembert »

Unfortunately I dialed in a new profile (in a new slot) in PH and transferred it to PP. Purpose was to leave slot 2 unchanged. Am I right to assume that there is no possibility to change the profile with PH without overwriting the values that are stored in PP?

How come I can choose "29er" in PH without being able to choose the correct circumference?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

If your original profile has the correct information, select it again and use it to do a new cal ride.

What is the tire circumference in mm it is you are trying to set? In the PH app, select a tire that is closest to your desired size. The difference will probably be within 1%. For example, if the tire size you seek is 2110, and the closest size in PH is 2105, that is a difference of 0.2%, which is incredibly small.
John Hamann
Rembert

Post by Rembert »

My tire circumference is aprox 2310mm (data from chart not manually measured). There is no setting in the drop down menu that comes even close as far as I can see...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

use the PH app to select the largest diameter available. You will be able to post-correct rides afterwards as desired.
John Hamann
Rembert

Post by Rembert »

Thanks for your answer. This would mean that the rides that are sent from my garmin to Strava (where I accumulate all my data) will give false overall power values (and cannot be corrected easily afterwards). So I will rather not use PP until I can have a proper setup to not destroy what I built up so far...